Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you like it?
Like - came from dry climate 17 27.42%
Like - came from humid climate 30 48.39%
Dislike - came from dry climate 3 4.84%
Dislike - came from humid climate 12 19.35%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:32 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,366,184 times

Advertisements

my girlfriend prefers olive oil to lotions and creams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 01:27 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
my girlfriend prefers olive oil to lotions and creams
I think I saw a movie like that once....at a frat party....

Last edited by Charles; 04-30-2008 at 01:43 PM..

Old 05-01-2008, 02:29 PM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Coming in a bit late...

Except for some time in Maine and New Mexico, I've always lived on the East Coast. I've found summers to be getting increasingly and more long-time humid, even if not hotter.
I loathe humidity. It makes me depressed, feeling soggy, dirty, slow. My job's buildings seem unable to catch up to weather, and are always overheated. In non-summer seasons, if it's raw and 95% humidity (like the other night), the buildings are dank like the middle of July- clothes stick to you, old smells rise up.
My major interest in the West/Southwest is to escape humidity. My home/job/fianancial security are pretty clearly here near Boston, but when I'm not working full-time (or at all) I continue to think of ways to spend months out West.
When I worked in Santa Fe, it was about 100 every day, relentless crisping sun, and maybe 20% humidity. It took about three weeks for my body to adjust, in terms of inhaling water constantly. Tourists would stumble into the restaurant I worked, crying for water.
When it's humid, there's no escape. I don't want to do anything or go anywhere. Central air is a blessing (I'm the only one on my street to have it!) but it's still clammy, and the outdoors still is awful. Every year it's worse, and every year I hate it more. I start complaining in April and don't stop until after Labor Day.
Dry air makes me step higher and faster. I feel crisp, active, alive. When it's humid, I feel like a prisoner on the planet, driving in my clammy air-conditioned car to my clammy a/c house, and never wanting to go anywhere in between.
I guess you could say I'm not neutral on the subject.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:42 PM

585 posts, read 2,223,504 times
I grew up in central-western Nebraska and lived in Colorado for ten years. We recently moved to Upstate NY and sometimes I enjoy the humidity here. Those evenings where the air is thick and warm, sometimes it feels good on the skin. In Colorado, my wife (who is from NY) would get bad sinus headaches when it would get really dry. I remember my skin would itch more too.

However now, we live pretty far north and it doesn't get much warmer than the 80's in the summer. In the Adirondacks just north of us, it's even more comfortable and cooler.

I could not live in Maryland or further south and deal with that type of heat. Or the type of heat and humidity of eastern Nebraska. To me, that's pure misery.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:10 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,083,276 times
I love the dry climate!!
I love the Colorado sleeping weather too. Temps drop at night to make it comfy.
When I was in Florida for a year, the humidity was stifling. I always felt like I had a wet electric blanket on me. It also made my hair frizzy. The bugs are another thing that thrive there!
I am still washing all of my clothing and and laundry to get that musty moldy smell out!!
I love the skies in Colorado, they seem bluer and higher up, if that's possible!
I do get shocked everytime I touch my car door, that would be my only complaint!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:15 AM

2 posts, read 3,604 times
Default I love the climate in colorado

My family and I just moved to Colorado Springs from North Carolina and I love it here. The climate is great. I dont miss the humidity of the east coast at all. I hated the heat and humidity and I was born on the east coast. Like other posters have said when you live in all of that humidity you can just stand outside and just start sweating. I will take the dry climate of the west anyday.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:52 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
I love it. It sure beats the dickens out of what we left behind back east, where in the DC area today it's 95 with enough humidity to make it feel like 105. Today in Col Spgs were at 71 with a good breeze - GREAT beer garden weather!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:17 PM

447 posts, read 1,606,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I love it. It sure beats the dickens out of what we left behind back east, where in the DC area today it's 95 with enough humidity to make it feel like 105. Today in Col Spgs were at 71 with a good breeze - GREAT beer garden weather!
Yea.......back home in SC they are on day 4 of around 100....LOL!!!!!!! The east sux!!!!!

Old 06-12-2008, 06:57 PM

585 posts, read 2,223,504 times
So did the drought break? A couple of summers ago, it got pretty bleak in Colorado. Not much grew.

Comparing recent weather patterns is pointless. Last couple of days in NY it's been in the mid-seventies. Humidity is 40-50%. Uncomfortable weather patterns come and go. However, I could never live in the south. Southeast OR southwest. Too hot, even in dry weather.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:02 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,473,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblebelly View Post
So did the drought break? A couple of summers ago, it got pretty bleak in Colorado. Not much grew.

Comparing recent weather patterns is pointless. Last couple of days in NY it's been in the mid-seventies. Humidity is 40-50%. Uncomfortable weather patterns come and go. However, I could never live in the south. Southeast OR southwest. Too hot, even in dry weather.
Last winter was generally a very good snow winter in most of the Rocky Mountain West, however, the spring was abnormally dry on the Great Plains of eastern Colorado--and remains so over much of that area. It remains to be seen what kind of summer we are going to have, though so far it has been relatively cool over much of Colorado. Some areas are still in severe drought in the region--notably parts of Arizona and southern New Mexico. Drought, or the threat of it, is never very far away in this region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado