Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2020, 10:45 PM

126 posts, read 145,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
I'm OK with it, too, as long as it's correct.

Some state (PA or FL?) was talking about invalidating ballots that don't include their privacy sleeve.
The instruction sheet doubles as the privacy sleeve in Colorado. Not required, but it is the step that provides anonymity during the tabulation process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 10:18 AM

20,385 posts, read 14,656,708 times
It was printed on my ballot materials NOT to return the instruction booklet, and that they had discontinued use of the privacy sleeve. I presume that the redesigned the return envelope so that a privacy sleeve is no longer necessary.

I received my ballot and dropped it off at a drop box yesterday, there was no one and nothing of concern going on, not even a line of cars or any inconvenience whatsoever. I was glad to see that. I got an email saying that my ballot was "received" and it said that I'll get another email when it has been "accepted" (presumably once they've done the signature verification.)

Like many people, my signature isn't 100% identical every time, it's substantially the same but some days I'm sloppier or not with it, I hope that there are not any issues with that. I wonder, if they aren't sure about the match, what they do...I would assume I'd be notified with this Ballot Trax thing, if they reject the signature, and I'd still have a chance to go in person or cast my vote in some other way, to make sure I am counted? I'm not sure how that works. Suppose I could Google that question, as I'm curious.

I also saw an article today that talked about how there's a militia site where members are expecting "Antifa" and other left groups to show up to bully Trump voters. It seems that Americans on either side of things are getting information that is alarmist and worrying about what the "other side" is up to...and I suspect (and hope) it is much overblown.

Stay calm, and vote!

Old 10-16-2020, 10:24 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
It was printed on my ballot materials NOT to return the instruction booklet, and that they had discontinued use of the privacy sleeve. I presume that the redesigned the return envelope so that a privacy sleeve is no longer necessary.

I received my ballot and dropped it off at a drop box yesterday, there was no one and nothing of concern going on, not even a line of cars or any inconvenience whatsoever. I was glad to see that. I got an email saying that my ballot was "received" and it said that I'll get another email when it has been "accepted" (presumably once they've done the signature verification.)

Like many people, my signature isn't 100% identical every time, it's substantially the same but some days I'm sloppier or not with it, I hope that there are not any issues with that. I wonder, if they aren't sure about the match, what they do...I would assume I'd be notified with this Ballot Trax thing, if they reject the signature, and I'd still have a chance to go in person or cast my vote in some other way, to make sure I am counted? I'm not sure how that works. Suppose I could Google that question, as I'm curious.

I also saw an article today that talked about how there's a militia site where members are expecting "Antifa" and other left groups to show up to bully Trump voters. It seems that Americans on either side of things are getting information that is alarmist and worrying about what the "other side" is up to...and I suspect (and hope) it is much overblown.

Stay calm, and vote!
If your signature is rejected you'll get a letter or a mobile notification. You can either bring your ID into a voting center and sign an affidavit or do it electronically via a link sent to your mobile phone.

It happened to me in 2014. I got a letter in the mail and I had to go to the courthouse in Littleton and fill out an affidavit.

https://coloradosun.com/2020/10/09/c...ure-questions/

Old 10-16-2020, 10:27 AM

20,385 posts, read 14,656,708 times
So I did Google it.

They explain here, what happens if your ballot is rejected due to signature (no paywalls, unlike the Gazette article I wanted to look at, darn them)...

https://www.cpr.org/2020/10/12/a-sho...ail-in-ballot/

You would have a chance to fix it.

Old 10-16-2020, 12:59 PM

18,722 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
Anyway, this sort of thing is why I'm really appreciative of Colorado's mail voting system -- it lets you take the time to become an educated voter and do your due diligence while filling out your ballot at home. Ditto for the gazillion ballot issues this year.
I've been very satisfied with my mail in ballot and all the info available for good information on decisions here in Colorado. Took my ballot to the drop off box, smiled at the 24-hour camera, and nearly saluted the state and U.S. flags over the box.

Old 10-16-2020, 03:12 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,299,085 times
I mailed my ballot and got an email from jeffco 2 days later confirming its receipt and acceptance. Impressive!

Old 10-17-2020, 07:38 AM

2,478 posts, read 2,700,228 times
BallotTrax said my ballot was mailed a week ago yesterday. No sign of it yet. It has to be lost. I will ask for a replacement, but just makes me wonder where my original was is.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:08 AM

102 posts, read 66,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
BallotTrax said my ballot was mailed a week ago yesterday. No sign of it yet. It has to be lost. I will ask for a replacement, but just makes me wonder where my original was is.

I did not realize there was such a thing as BallotTrax, so I went onto the El Paso County website, found it, and signed up (you have to opt in for e-mail notification). Anyway, my ballot has been accepted.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:10 AM

1,109 posts, read 1,251,642 times
Data point for COcheeshead.. (doesnt sound right that you dont have the ballot yet)

We live fairly remote in Park County, one of those places where there is a big group of mail box's, each residence has their own small box and a key. Mail gets distributed from a little post office in Lake George.

Ballots were mailed on Friday Oct 10 from Denver, we received them on Thursday afternoon Oct 15.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:22 AM

102 posts, read 66,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I had a social media friend in Larimer who said that there was a crowd of maskless individuals in red hats standing around blocking the ballot box. She was unable to drive up to it, so she parked and put on a mask to walk up and put her ballot in. A big dude tried to block her way, and when she went around him, though he let her, another man tried to cough in her face.

I found this story. It gives a POC. It is free, but you have to pause your adblocker.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...ns/5970632002/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado