Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 11:09 AM
AJY AJY started this thread

52 posts, read 236,307 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am looking to relocate from Northern Idaho due to the lack of sun here.
How is Castle Rocks weather in the winter? and how long does it stay cold?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2006, 11:33 AM

226 posts, read 1,365,508 times
Castle Rock weather is similar to most other areas in the Denver Metro Area. The elevation is a little higher than Denver so it may be a couple degrees cooler and we get a little more snow than downtown Denver. Approximately 300 days of sun per year, the last snow fall is typically in May and the first measurable snow fall is usually in October. March & April are typically the months with the most snow approximately 9 inches on average in March, most other winter months average about 5 inches. It is common to see temperatures in the 40's throughout the winter with occasional warm and cold spells with higher or lower temperatures. During the day the sun makes if feel warmer than it actually is, but temperatures do drop off quite a bit after dark, so be prepared if you are going to be out late.

Caste Rock is a nice area. What are you looking for in terms of neighborhood and housing? Perhaps I can offer some suggestions.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:09 PM

Thank you so much for the information.
We are looking for an area that is mainly new homes with nice shopping centers.
That of course is safe as well.

Do you know if there is any Bass fishing in the area?

Old 12-31-2006, 12:35 PM

I'm not sure about Bass fishing as I am not much of a fisherman. Castle Rock has experienced a considerable amount of growth in the past 4 years that I have lived in the area. Most of the new shopping centers have been located off of Founders parkway towards the north end of town and near Castlewood Ranch located east of town. The entire area is quite safe.

When you say new homes are you thinking of buying a brand new house or are you thinking newer (built in the past 5 years)? Several communities with brand new homes would be The Meadows, Castlewood Ranch and Chrystal Valley Ranch. All of these subdivisions have new homes starting in the high $200k range. If you looking for something with more acreage you may want to consider Castle Wood Estates, Bell Mountain Ranch and Painter's Ridge. Expect to pay at least $600k for these areas. Let me know if I can offer additional assistance.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:48 PM

AJY,

Coming from Idaho you may also want to consider the Perry Park area of Larkspur. It is only 5 or 10 minutes south of Castle Rock and it has the pine trees and mountain feel that is hard to find in Castle Rock. I would specifically look at Sage Port, Sterling Pointe & Perry Park East if you need to commute north on a daily basis. If you do not need to commute every day you should look at Perry Park Ranch. If you are looking in Larkspur you should plan to spend at least $500k for a newer home and over $600k if you want new. Use MSN.com to search for "Larkspur CO Real Estate" to learn a little more about the area. Good Luck!

-Ben Wolfe-

Old 12-31-2006, 05:35 PM

Thanks I appreciate all your help.
I wish I had a crystal ball to know where to go

Old 07-24-2007, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 6,260 times
Wink Is Castle Rock's weather really that different?

I kepp hearing over and over that Castle Rock gets more snow and is super windy. Is this true? We will bemoving to the Meadows area sometime next year.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:35 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,179,658 times
I can't specifically answer you question as I have no experience with Castle Rock. However, snow here is sporadic; one area may get 10" and someplace a few miles away may only get 2", for example. I don't know if CR is especially windy; Boulder is.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:51 PM

68 posts, read 362,384 times
yeah the southern part of Parker and down around CR is pretty windy at times...but trust me it ...is still nice out there

Old 07-24-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coherewecome View Post
I kepp hearing over and over that Castle Rock gets more snow and is super windy. Is this true?
Castle Rock is a slightly higher elevation compared to Denver and most suburbs so it will often get a little more snow, but it is not significant. Parts of Castle Rock are very windy, but the Meadows is not one of them. Bell Mountain Ranch, Diamond Ridge and parts of Castle Wood get the most wind. These are all areas at the top of a hill with little or no natural wind breaks. Even in these ares I would not let the wind be a deterrent, Castle Rock is a great area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado