U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:25 PM

182 posts, read 604,674 times

Advertisements

I've heard consistently bad things about KB and Beazer, always good things about Pulte (but in other regions they have problems- I think they hire locals so it can vary). I believe Pulte's Broomfield development is selling briskly. A good , thorough inspection is always worthwhile. My husband likes to use engineers too.

Personally, I'd rather buy a home that's proven its mettle over some time. I still have to laugh at one of our first fancy developments on the north side of town (built years ago). The builder drained wetlands. Kinda. Can we say basement problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 06:40 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,458,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey71 View Post
It seems that they do hire illegal immigrants-- since the question has been answered as "reputable and qualified subcontractors" I cannot stand these people who hire the illegals-- they are the ones that should be fined and thrown into prison because it is one of the many issues facing the labor market in the U.S today!!!

Jerkstore it is nice to hear you stating that if the illegals or one that doesnt speak english-- will be thrown off of your job. Now only if the rest of the folks that spent a ton of coin on their home would realize how much they fed MEXICO!!!

Just my .02
he may just not know if the subs he uses has illegal workers. Remember, that a G.C. pulls in other companies to do the job, and oversees the work they do.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:43 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,458,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicanaRose View Post
I've heard consistently bad things about KB and Beazer, always good things about Pulte (but in other regions they have problems- I think they hire locals so it can vary). I believe Pulte's Broomfield development is selling briskly. A good , thorough inspection is always worthwhile. My husband likes to use engineers too.

Personally, I'd rather buy a home that's proven its mettle over some time. I still have to laugh at one of our first fancy developments on the north side of town (built years ago). The builder drained wetlands. Kinda. Can we say basement problems?
the 3 builders above mentioned, they do have reputations, in some states good, some states bad. The first has a universally bad rep, and unfortunately we got caught in one of their town homes at the moment, which the HOA is suing the builder for construction defects, the second one I have little experience with but they do seem to do a decent job. And the third Tom Martino absolutely loves.

In California, both the second and the third have bad reps. It is not about the builder parse, it is more about the subs they bring on in the development.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:09 PM
txp

15 posts, read 44,402 times
Quality is going to vary from area to area. In the Denver metro area, I think the best are Pulte and Shea. Ryland, Engle, John Laing and Mcstain are above average. Lennar and Standard Pacific/Capital Pacific are about average. I would avoid Beazer, Centex, D.R. Horton, KB and Richmond American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado