Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 08:30 PM

8 posts, read 4,208 times

Advertisements

Again, thank you for everyone's response. I deeply appreciate it and anyone else with an opinion, I welcome your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2021, 08:07 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,390,777 times
You may be better off buying an established farm that already has crops in process, water access, and acreage for your goals. I've seen numerous places like this in the Payette ID and Ontario OR area. This is the confluence area of several large rivers, is within an hour of mountains and a major metro (Boise) and is a well established farming area that is growing. Boise/Cascade is a major wood buyer and tree farming supporter.

What you want simply isn't available with your specifications in CO.

Old 06-06-2021, 09:30 AM

432 posts, read 414,985 times
I've driven by this place many times: https://mccoytreefarm.com/
It sticks out like a sore thumb.
And yes you can grow strawberries in Colorado

Old 06-07-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
You may be better off buying an established farm that already has crops in process, water access, and acreage for your goals. I've seen numerous places like this in the Payette ID and Ontario OR area. This is the confluence area of several large rivers, is within an hour of mountains and a major metro (Boise) and is a well established farming area that is growing. Boise/Cascade is a major wood buyer and tree farming supporter.

What you want simply isn't available with your specifications in CO.

Yes I've considered Idaho. It is definitely on the list along with Wyoming. Thanks for your input.

Old 06-07-2021, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk330 View Post
I've driven by this place many times: https://mccoytreefarm.com/
It sticks out like a sore thumb.
And yes you can grow strawberries in Colorado

That area is on the list for something I'm interested in. Hard to find exactly what I want but I'll keep my eyes open. Thank you for the link.

Old 06-09-2021, 03:14 PM

277 posts, read 306,568 times
I can't help you with trees, but I have ~200 strawberry plants growing in my (outdoor) garden. In addition to a ton of other veggies. It sounds like you want this mainly for your personal purposes - which is totally doable. There are even folks who grow lemon trees in greenhouses :-)

The whole valley that I live in used to be a fruit tree farm. Appropriate water rights, which have been brought up in this thread, are definitely something to look out for and that you will pay $$ for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado