Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:12 PM

835 posts, read 2,847,145 times

Advertisements

man the majestic awesome rockies block alot of bad weather and since denver and the mile high prairie is right up under them denvers weather stays benign compared to say burlington and limon where it can get nasty, i saw a funnel cloud my frist trip out across the high plains of colorado last year i was near hugo and it was sorta a mix of clouds and sun buy to the northeast of where the road (i70) there was a alot of bad weather going on but no rain even at hugo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 06:15 PM

sea wolf tornados become quite rare the higher up you go anything above 8k feet is quite rare i remeber one made it to 8400' last year in clear creek county and that amazed local meteorologists so up in the true alpine there are no tornados, western slopes are lower than denver in the 4-5k elev i am not sure what they get tornadowise i do know that is is more of a desert than the eastern plains

Old 05-23-2008, 06:17 PM

sorta off topic but i gotta say driving all 438 miles of i70 from east to west in colorado is AMAZING everyone should do it atleast once

Old 05-23-2008, 09:29 PM

862 posts, read 2,612,736 times
Speaking of which. Two more tornadoes were spotted today (May 23rd) north of Denver near Greeley. There were A LOT smaller than yesterdays but the alerts and sirens went off again.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:31 PM

Also, as you read these posts. Please take note how AGGRESSIVE, MEAN and HATEFUL some Denver residents are. Is this reflective of the demeanor of Denver? I leave that up to you.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:36 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,312,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
Also, as you read these posts. Please take note how AGGRESSIVE, MEAN and HATEFUL some Denver residents are. Is this reflective of the demeanor of Denver? I leave that up to you.
Yes, anyone who's tired of you flooding the Colorado forums with chicken little posts about the weather is automatically aggressive, mean, and hateful. The weather is crazy. We get it. Now move along to somewhere where the weather never changes.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:40 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,414,573 times
Those tornadoes may have screwed us yesterday. We had a SWA non stop from Nashville to Denver to arrive Denver 730PM. Instead we had to divert to Dallas just for fuel. Got to DEN at 1030PM, home at 1230. All this with four screaming, tired, cranky kids.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Yes, anyone who's tired of you flooding the Colorado forums with chicken little posts about the weather is automatically aggressive, mean, and hateful. The weather is crazy. We get it. Now move along to somewhere where the weather never changes.
Not my point at all. It has NOTHING to do with differing opinions. It has to due with LANGUAGE & ATTITUDE used by those who differ. Derogatory terms are used by those who disagree. Condescending language is used by some who disagree. I guess this is how they want to represent Colorado and the city of Denver.

You have a Denver resident mocking tornado victims. I guarantee you anyone reading the post made by the one forum member yesterday after it was reported a tornado devastated northern Colorado would get socked in the face if he made that comment in front of the victims.

It was reported that a fatality happened, along with numerous injuries. This "Denver resident" responded then responded:

"OH MY GAWD!!!! Auntie Em, HELP! I'm shivering in my basement and my WalMart thermometer blew away! This is so awful, oh, somebody make it stop! Oh, if only I lived somewhere where no bad weather ever occurs! Woe is me, woe is me. I'm packing up and moving to a weatherless city tomorrow if I manage to live through this!"

What a shame and disgrace that person is.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:55 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,312,625 times
Quote:
Not my point at all. It has NOTHING to do with differing opinions. It has to due with LANGUAGE & ATTITUDE used by those who differ. Derogatory terms are used by those who disagree. Condescending language is used by some who disagree. I guess this is how they want to represent Colorado and the city of Denver.

You have a Denver resident mocking tornado victims. I guarantee you anyone reading the post made by the one forum member yesterday after it was reported a tornado devastated northern Colorado would get socked in the face if he made that comment in front of the victims.

It was reported that a fatality happened, along with numerous injuries. This "Denver resident" responded then responded:

"OH MY GAWD!!!! Auntie Em, HELP! I'm shivering in my basement and my WalMart thermometer blew away! This is so awful, oh, somebody make it stop! Oh, if only I lived somewhere where no bad weather ever occurs! Woe is me, woe is me. I'm packing up and moving to a weatherless city tomorrow if I manage to live through this!"

What a shame and disgrace that person is.

I guess you're the only one that can't figure out he was making fun of YOU and your constant chicken little posts.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:01 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,223,264 times
Quote:
People on the Phoenix forum are just as mean if you dare to criticize their precious climate. The door swings both ways, dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado