Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2007, 04:36 PM

120 posts, read 631,546 times

Advertisements

I have a few questions about the Englewood/Denver and the area in general.

My first concern is my recreational activities. I'm a road cyclist, mountain climber, and distance runner. I understand that the mountains are pretty accessable from Denver, but is there a safe area for road cyclists and distance runners around the this area? My biggest concern is safe traffic, both for motorists and myself. I'm not one that enjoys cycling heavy traffic, so I need a decent system of less busy back roads for the bike and a good park or wilderness area for running. I would also be looking for groups/clubs of people who are into these sports. Availability of like minded people is important to me.

Concern number two is crime. How is Englewood itself? I am a guy who is confident but minds his own business, but like everyone else, I'm not a fan of violent, unprovoked random crime. How does the Englewood and Denver area in general add up?

I earn my best paycheck as a Registered Nurse, so I wouldn't expect to have employment difficulties in the area. However, not all hospitals are created, staffed, and operated equally. Employment conditions are important to me, not only for myself but it also affects those under my care. Is anyone familiar with the healthcare climate in the area? One particular job I am interested in is at Swedish Medical Center, hence my interest in living within Englewood. However, other facilities and cities or suburbs are certainly not out of the question.

One more question: I've recently started into standup comedy. How comedy "friendly" is the city...such as number of comedy clubs, and clubs willing to allow new comics an opportunity to perform and such?

Thanks to anyone willing to address this post. Your time and effort is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2007, 05:25 PM

210 posts, read 1,345,207 times
Denver is very cycling-friendly. There are a number of great bike paths, the best-known runs along the South Platte River from Chatfield all the way past downtown. Another is the Highline Canal (although it's mostly unpaved, so it's not recommended if you have a road bike. But it's pretty flat and gentle and a good ride). Both of these paths, and other area paths, are also frequently used by joggers, walkers, etc. There are a lot of parks to jog in as well, from city parks to more undeveloped parks, if you head up and towards the foothills (or even Chatfield). Both Denver and Englewood have easy access to these paths.

Denver and Englewood are generally safe. There are a couple areas in Denver that I would avoid, but most places are safe. Englewood does have a more industrial area, that is a little more run-down, but as far as crime goes even around there it's not bad, and is small compared to many cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: