U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 02:33 PM

8 posts, read 41,006 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are thinking of moving to the Pueblo area to be closer to grandkids. We would like to know if anyone has any recommendations about specific areas in and around Pueblo for a house in the 150K range? We want to have natural gas heat. I've read some discussions on Pueblo West and Pueblo and would like to hear more on which place would be best for a retired couple. Thanks. P.S. can't wait to get away from Indianapolis and see blue skies again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2007, 07:36 PM

17,305 posts, read 24,275,644 times
Default Don....

.....you're gonna love Colorado....300+ days of sun per year....

Tons of data already here on Pueblo...use the Search this Forum tool with key words Pueblo or Canon to find it..

Good luck to you.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:15 PM

12 posts, read 42,795 times
Smile Pueblo west is great

I lived in colorado springs for 15 years and it is beautiful but it has got awfuly congested and over priced we moved to pueblo west 3 years ago and we love it we live out on the western end of pueblo west and it is peacful and friendly

Old 01-08-2007, 10:35 PM

8 posts, read 41,006 times
Default Thinking of moving to Pueblo area

Thanks for the info on Pueblo West. We lived in Colorado Springs twice while I was in the Air Force and agree with the congestion--way too crowded for my taste. My wife and I are taking a trip out there later this week and plan to look around Pueblo and Pueblo West. How are the utilities there? We plan on getting a house with natural gas. I noticed most of the houses don't have central A/C, I thought it got pretty hot there in the summer. Would you recommend central A/C or an evaporative cooler? Thanks

Old 01-09-2007, 12:00 AM

8,178 posts, read 13,294,061 times
My Spera home came with central air for an additional 800 bucks. Awesome deal, but it's the furthest thing from my mind right now. Swamp coolers work for sure out here, but they are a hassle. You'll probably need a humidifier.

I think you can be set up with sewage and natural gas if you live to the east end of Pueblo West, and you won't have too much property to maintain. If you want an acre+ of land, you'll have to go further west. Then you might have to settle for propane and septic tank/leach lines. But your water bill will be a lot cheaper. If you get the extra land, make sure you adopt a few ferrets and train them to eat prairie dogs and rabbits.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:30 PM

26,362 posts, read 55,166,325 times
KOAA.com - Pueblo Springs Ranch development moves forward (http://www.koaa.com/aaaa_top_stories/x940334541 - broken link)

Old 01-30-2008, 10:09 AM

8,089 posts, read 15,924,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
KOAA.com - Pueblo Springs Ranch development moves forward (http://www.koaa.com/aaaa_top_stories/x940334541 - broken link)
Another big chunk of Colorado's ranch land and open space to be devoured for more automobile-dependent sprawl. Oh well, we can just use up the land and burn up the fuel that our grandkids will need to survive just that much faster--survival is THEIR problem, right?

Old 04-27-2009, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 7,139 times
Default us too

My husband and I are looking to move to Pueblo also. Saw something on Pueblo springs rancn, north end of Peublo. Does anyone know about this and if it is real or just a dream of builders. Hope you find your location soon, house hunting and price shopping is very time consuming and stressful. Good Luck

Old 04-27-2009, 05:08 PM

17,305 posts, read 24,275,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurasal View Post
My husband and I are looking to move to Pueblo also. Saw something on Pueblo springs rancn, north end of Peublo. Does anyone know about this and if it is real or just a dream of builders. Hope you find your location soon, house hunting and price shopping is very time consuming and stressful. Good Luck
Pueblo Springs Ranch is still just a gleam in the eye of the Las Vegas developer. Given this economy and housing market, I don't expect it to amount to much for many years, unless our nation receives an economic miracle.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 AM

10,269 posts, read 11,654,972 times

I am more optimistic about Pueblo Springs Ranch. Here is a map of the proposed development. Everything I hear is that the final annexation will happen this year. As far as the economy I think it will help it, by 4th quarter we should be coming out of the recession and the developers plan on bringing in the major companies from out of state and with places like California becoming more expansive I think it will be easy for them to get some companies to move here. BTW as a side note I have been studying the map and the size of the tech/business park is larger then even I thought it would be and in fact extends into El Paso County! I now see why I was told it will be larger then the Denver Tech Center and I think be kind of a centralized location for companies between Pueblo and Colorado Springs, I guess that is obvious since the name is Pueblo Springs lol I am just glad they put Pueblo first!

Here is a link to the web site: The link: http://www.cvldenver.com/

As a reminder this is what CU said about Pueblo:

oPueblo County - Historically, Pueblo County has experienced moderate population growth. This trend will change when the Pueblo Springs Ranch is complete. The 23,000-acre subdivision in northeast Pueblo County is expected to have about 75,000 households, or 200,000 people when completed. The Historic Arkansas Riverwalk Project has begun to pay the economic dividends its creators intended. In August 2007, the new 44,000-square-foot headquarters of the Professional Bull Riders Association was dedicated, and new restaurants and other establishments have opened near the new building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado