U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2007, 01:50 PM

5,091 posts, read 13,202,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
I love how livecontent makes Arvada out to be this luxurious city when in reality, at least the times I have driven down Wadsworth, it looks like an old run-down place with lots of loitering people and day laborers on the corner. That's not to say that Arvada probably does not have very nice areas (which I have seen as well). But, let's get real here people and stop demonizing another city because of college students, young professionals, and liberalism.

Bottom line - all cities have their good and bad areas. Arvada is not some safe haven in all of Colorado.
run-down, lots of loitering people, day laborers---on Wadsworth ? Old Wadworth?--I have never seen that.(Love to own property in this prosperous and expensive area) Other areas of Arvada--never seen that. Suggestion: get out of your car and look.

Maybe you are against people who are day laborers and consider anybody strolling, hanging out, in a park as loitering---If you do not look like me--you are a day laborer or a loiterer, oh gee, we need those vagrancy laws again!

demonizing another city---my posts about Boulder have given many positive aspects.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,445 times
Best place to live-- Pagosa Springs, absolutely beautiful & Peaceful, close to a lot , and oh, the HOt Springs! (or Loveland, close enough to everything, including Estes park!)

Worst Place, Downtown Denver, what's so trendy about living in that overcrowded arena? Its full of cement and Heat that makes people crazy!!

Old 08-14-2007, 03:14 PM

3,479 posts, read 6,195,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
run-down, lots of loitering people, day laborers---on Wadsworth ? Old Wadworth?--I have never seen that.(Love to own property in this prosperous and expensive area) Other areas of Arvada--never seen that. Suggestion: get out of your car and look.
Uh, I did get out of my car and looked. And I am pretty sure it is Wadsworth, toward the south end as you approach I-70. It's the road that connects up to US-36. I used to take it to get from Flat Irons Mall to Colorado Mills when on my shopping trips in metro Denver.

Like I said, there are nice areas I am sure, and I don't doubt you about crime rates (though property thefts are near or slightly above national average in Arvada), but my point is - you cannot judge Boulder because of the college students and then turnaround and praise Arvada like some glorious place. Arvada has problems.

Quote:
Maybe you are against people who are day laborers and consider anybody strolling, hanging out, in a park as loitering---If you do not look like me--you are a day laborer or a loiterer, oh gee, we need those vagrancy laws again!
Don't even go there. You don't know me. I am not the least bit prejudice, and I don't discriminate based on ethnicity, race, or income. My point was that I saw these people loitering around street corners and saw one area of day laborers waiting around for a job. That's not the sign of a great prosperous city. It has nothing to do whether they were Hispanic, white, or black. So please, let's not get on with the personal attacks.

Quote:
demonizing another city---my posts about Boulder have given many positive aspects.
Uh, OK.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:11 PM

wxjay,

You see and read what you want to see and read. It would be a mistake to suggest you read all my posts about Boulder because well you read....and to suggest you really see places---well you see...

Old 08-14-2007, 07:08 PM

151 posts, read 652,396 times
livecontent, in my limited experience with you, it seems to me (personal opinion only) that you start out with an extreme comment and then spend multiple replies damping down your opinion. Try for a more moderate and balanced approach from the get-go and you'll be better received.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Mama View Post
livecontent, in my limited experience with you, it seems to me (personal opinion only) that you start out with an extreme comment and then spend multiple replies damping down your opinion. Try for a more moderate and balanced approach from the get-go and you'll be better received.
Wrong Madam, My opinions are balanced and intelligent and your opinion is not welcomed or appropriate. You are not the only person on this planet.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
You are not the only person on this planet.
Nor are you. Take a deep breath, think about your responses and how people will react to them, and stop annoying folks with shoot-from-the-hip, swaggering blips. This is a community, not a forum for post-before-you-think-show-offs.

MM (who's laughing out loud at "Madam")

Old 08-14-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Mama View Post
Nor are you. Take a deep breath, think about your responses and how people will react to them, and stop annoying folks with shoot-from-the-hip, swaggering blips. This is a community, not a forum for post-before-you-think-show-offs.

MM (who's laughing out loud at "Madam")
I am glad that you see yourself and your narcism and stop attacking other peoples opinions and stop calling people names. This is a community for information, not only your opinions. Provide more helpful information.

Thanks,

Old 08-14-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I am glad that you see yourself and your narcism and stop attacking other peoples opinions and stop calling people names. This is a community for information, not only your opinions. Provide more helpful information.

Thanks,
Pricked your pitiful pride, did i? You need to take your own advice.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:21 PM
mdz

622 posts, read 2,372,250 times
ok, enough, it ends here

In the future, just pm each other...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado