U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2007, 02:53 PM

2,437 posts, read 7,111,241 times

Advertisements

Charles

Great photos of the Palmer Lake area. I love it there too, which is why I bought my home there. It's good if people think it's 'the worst part of the state' though - fewer lamos around and more space for us to enjoy.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:19 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,802,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
Charles

Great photos of the Palmer Lake area. I love it there too, which is why I bought my home there. It's good if people think it's 'the worst part of the state' though - fewer lamos around and more space for us to enjoy.
One of the best things of Palmer Lake is its proximity to both Colorado Springs and Denver for jobs. I live near Monument for that reason.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:28 AM

1 posts, read 3,036 times
Thumbs down used to live in colorado

one of the worst places to live is anywhere near swink ,lajunta ,rockyford areas. i lived in swink and i hated it! i am from california and have lived here all my life,i was not used to the snow and high heat. plus all there really is is land, mountains, more land and mountains and oh yeah lots of cows! dont get me wrong there were a lot of nice people that lived there and people there will wave and say hello even if they do not know you( that includes the cops!) now living in california you dont get that! i am and always will be california born and raised and i will not return to colorado anytime soon.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:31 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,170,791 times
well after being on the Bronco Band wagon for 30 years, Im jumping off (at the airport) and leaving on a jet plane, don't THINK that Ill be back again.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:55 AM

26,346 posts, read 80,802,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
well after being on the Bronco Band wagon for 30 years, Im jumping off (at the airport) and leaving on a jet plane, don't THINK that Ill be back again.
Hey, the Nuggets are in first place with the sixth best record in the NBA. I hope you bought refundable tickets.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:36 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,170,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Hey, the Nuggets are in first place with the sixth best record in the NBA. I hope you bought refundable tickets.
Blazer fan, thank you very much

Old 12-18-2007, 10:24 PM

2 posts, read 14,845 times
I've never been a big fan of the Northeast Denver metro. It's not actually a bad place, but it has a very industrial feel to it and I don't think I'd want to live there.
The East Colfax neighborhood of Denver, and some parts of Aurora are kind of rough.

Other than that, most of Colorado is pretty nice. Fort Collins especially, is one of my favorite cities.

I never understood why Greeley got such a bad rap. It's actually a great city with great people, and the University of Northern Colorado is a pretty good school from what I've heard.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:53 AM

56 posts, read 169,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Yeah, Ill be at the U.S. Airways center next Monday when the Phoenix Suns kill them

GO SUNS

Old 02-26-2008, 05:51 PM

2 posts, read 8,145 times
Default Where to live?

My choice: Fowler, CO
Pros: 1200 population, moderate temps, mild winters with little snow, voted most generous zip code in Colorado (by Denver Post). People are friendly, giving, family-oriented. Low crime. Close to Colo Springs & Pueblo (big-box stores/restaurants/theaters, etc) but far enough to avoid the crime, pollution, stress of the big cities. It's quiet and peaceful. New, state-of-the-art grade school. Great school scores in state-wide exams. Little crime...9 churches
Cons: Economically-challenged...we could use some businesses coming to Fowler and increasing job opportunities. Semi-arid area (avg precip approx 12 inches/year).
I've lived in a megalopolis (West Palm Beach Fl to Miami) as a YUPPIE, medium towns (Pueblo, Boulder) and small towns (Fowler). With access to shopping 30-60 minutes away, I'll take Fowler!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:18 PM

421 posts, read 885,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaria View Post
We lived in Boulder for almost 2 years –

The town itself is pretty – except for all the trailer courts. The flatirons are exquisite, and the campus is beautiful.

You'll love Boulder if you like:

Overpriced houses

Over priced trinkets in small boutiques

Lots of tie die bong shops

20 quack health care provider on every corner (there are an over abundance of unlicensed, untrained, and unethical people claiming to be healers in Boulder)

1000 Slum lords charging top dollar for rent

New Yorkers (there are tons of them in that town - yet everyone wants to blame Californians for Boulders problems - yet I ran into very few. Most people there are from the East Coast)

Snooty, snobby, stuck up people

Yuppies

Coffee snobs who hang out at Vics all day (Doesn't anyone have a real job in that town?)

Meat Eating Vegetarians

Closet Republicans

“Faux” liberals

Kids in brand new Range Rovers pan handling for drug money

Drug addicts harassing you for change

Poor people who want to trade for everything (hey man, I’ll give you a massage for that sandwich)

Bratty college kids

Pot Heads

Weird unsolved child murders
You must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed....... this lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado