U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 07:49 PM

2,867 posts, read 7,116,153 times

Advertisements

I'll take my property in Walsenburg thank you. It's in the middle freakin nowhere right now, but I know that will change someday, and when that someday comes, i'll probably build a house there.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:16 PM

1,331 posts, read 4,425,705 times
The worst is Commerce City!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Too many BEST places!!

Old 02-28-2008, 05:17 PM

422 posts, read 888,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
Why are so many beggars tolerated at stop lights in Boulder? There was this guy a few days back with a sign that said "Having trouble with the rent". It was mid-day, I was working and wondered if he were at work, would he have trouble with the rent?? I do not like being approached at the light by people asking me for money while the kids are in the car. Why is this behavior acceptable in Boulder?
It's happening all over the world in case you haven't travelled much. In my opinion begging on the street corner is the absolutely hardest job in the world. Thanks George Bush and crew. I sincerely doubt that many of us reading this post would have the humility or guts to go begging unless you REALLY had to.

Until you have lived in someone's shoes I wouldn't be so quick to assess blame or condemnation. That's not nice.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:31 PM

23 posts, read 112,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by english_teacher View Post
Everyone knows at least one 'this-is-an-armpit' and an 'I could live here forever' place in Colorado. Which is yours?
Not everyone can afford to live in Boulder and many would not even want to go anywhere near Denver, but there have to be places that are fabulous and others we all need to avoid.
What are they?

Armpits of Colorado?? Try Trinidad Colorado, Aguilar Colorado, Aurora Denver, east side of Pueblo Colorado, Alamosa Colorado just to name a few.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:33 PM

23 posts, read 112,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
I'll take my property in Walsenburg thank you. It's in the middle freakin nowhere right now, but I know that will change someday, and when that someday comes, i'll probably build a house there.
Did the US Army take your property yet? I have some good friends that live near Walsenburg and fear the army take over. A matter of fact if the US army ever took over Branson and its school, well there be no more education here in southern colorado. All the other schools are very fowl.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:55 PM

97 posts, read 348,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaria View Post
We lived in Boulder for almost 2 years –

The town itself is pretty – except for all the trailer courts. The flatirons are exquisite, and the campus is beautiful.

You'll love Boulder if you like:

Overpriced houses

Over priced trinkets in small boutiques

Lots of tie die bong shops

20 quack health care provider on every corner (there are an over abundance of unlicensed, untrained, and unethical people claiming to be healers in Boulder)

1000 Slum lords charging top dollar for rent

New Yorkers (there are tons of them in that town - yet everyone wants to blame Californians for Boulders problems - yet I ran into very few. Most people there are from the East Coast)

Snooty, snobby, stuck up people

Yuppies

Coffee snobs who hang out at Vics all day (Doesn't anyone have a real job in that town?)

Meat Eating Vegetarians

Closet Republicans

“Faux” liberals

Kids in brand new Range Rovers pan handling for drug money

Drug addicts harassing you for change

Poor people who want to trade for everything (hey man, I’ll give you a massage for that sandwich)

Bratty college kids

Pot Heads

Weird unsolved child murders

That sounds like so much fun, hahahaha. I am currently living in the Suburbs of Albany, New York and every kid gets a brand new range rover for their birthday, it's ridiculous! Talk about ruining the environment. Also, not all of us New Yorkers are bad people. *Edit: Wow, I didn't read the unsolved children murders part. That's horrible.

Last edited by ColoradoHereWeCome; 03-04-2008 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: I didn't realize the last thing on the list.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:18 PM

1,331 posts, read 4,425,705 times
HI,

i guess I am an exception to EVERY rule here!

1st. I grew up in Denver. Graduated from North High and, lived in North West Denver (in the middle of Elitches and Lakeside Amusement Parks)
Good then, I guess, not so good now!

After I had my 1st son, I moved to Aurora ( I know, I know, not so good now, although my home was between Smoky Hill Rd and Quincy...Chambers and Buckley. Pheasant Run Pkwy to be exact. I raised my oldest son there ( he is now 30) My youngest (10 years later) was born there, but...I raised him in Eagle for grade school then, Canon City for Junior and High School.

My first son was in Cherry Creek Schools (in one of the first IB programs in Colorado)...he is now a professor at Johnson & Wales University in Rhode Island. My # 2 son.....from Canon City...is Now a Cryptologist, located in Hawaii!! Guess What?? BOTH want to end up back in Colorado. and will be, within 4 years!!

I am now in Vero Beach, Florida ( directly on the ocean) and, I can't stand it! I have been here for 10 months (both sons have visited). I am going back to my home in Canon City in 10 days!! WOO HOO!!!!YAY!!!!

I have lived in/frequented so many different towns in Colorado in my life.
They have changed DRASTICALLY but, still...they are the best in the country!
Denver, Lakewood, Arvada, Southeast Aurora, Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Vail/Eagle, Montbello(EWW) , Georgetown, Evergreen, Colorado Springs, Canon City.

My Fave is CANON CITY!!! YEP!! Get anywhere in under an 1/2 hour, but, it will be the place to be and soon!! Maybe I won't like it as much in the next few years but, at least I have my home there!!
I spent a lot of time off of I70 in the mountains when I was younger. Most of the places were "backwards but, lovely to me then. They are now EXPENSIVE but, close to the city.
The one place that most tend to overlook (and IMO will be HOT) is Idaho Springs!! It is the CENTRAL part that one can get to everything within an hour!! I hated it growing up....but then, I hated Castle Rock, Morrison, Red Rocks, Evergreen, Boulder and, dare I say...Dillon!!! Loveland was awful...Co SPGS...was toooo slow and windy....Black Forest ...yucky and PARKER,EEEWWWWW.

SEE????
Location IS everything!! Pick the spot for the weather and what is closest to where you want to play!! That's the ticket really!

Old 03-05-2008, 12:49 AM

46 posts, read 182,825 times
Kiowa, CO enough said lol

Old 03-05-2008, 01:40 AM

85 posts, read 237,147 times
Live in Pueblo West, about 8 miles out of Pueblo. Lots of building going on. Have lived here for 23 years. Lived a few months in Pueblo before that. Daughter lives in Denver, likes it there. Lived in Craig for 3 years before coming here, didn't care for it. Still have some family in Craig.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:14 AM

85,074 posts, read 99,122,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHereWeCome View Post
That sounds like so much fun, hahahaha. I am currently living in the Suburbs of Albany, New York and every kid gets a brand new range rover for their birthday, it's ridiculous! Talk about ruining the environment. Also, not all of us New Yorkers are bad people. *Edit: Wow, I didn't read the unsolved children murders part. That's horrible.
They're talking about JonBenet Ramsey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado