U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 12:00 PM

302 posts, read 760,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Any place in America is pretty cool. If you want an armpit, go to bordertown Mexico.
Would that be MexiCali, on the California/Mexico border?

Old 09-27-2009, 01:11 PM

13,638 posts, read 21,494,218 times
I was kind of thinking of Reynosa, but any bordertown along Texas might be fair game. I actually liked Tecate... but it was in a bit. The further into Mexico you get, the nicer and more laid back it is. The good old US is a big reason for the "industrial" nature of some of those towns, right?

But the funny thing is... I could find something nice about those places too... at least back then... like the smell of work.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:00 AM

4,888 posts, read 8,903,079 times
Most beautiful place in Colorado: rocky mountain national park
Best place for backpacking: Weminuche wilderness (San Juan mountains)
Most beautiful lake: Reudi
Best place to live: Denver
Best (most productive) lake to fish: Jerry Creek Reservoir

Old 10-01-2009, 05:15 PM

Most beautiful place in Colorado: Garden of the Gods/Pikes Peak Region
Most affordable/"haunted": Manitou Springs
Best place to live: Castle Rock
Best seasonal activity: Renaissance Faire in Larkspur

Although I don't have all the fishing/hiking experience you do...I hope to someday

Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 PM

4,888 posts, read 8,903,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screw Sacramento View Post
Most beautiful place in Colorado: Garden of the Gods/Pikes Peak Region
Most affordable/"haunted": Manitou Springs
Best place to live: Castle Rock
Best seasonal activity: Renaissance Faire in Larkspur

Although I don't have all the fishing/hiking experience you do...I hope to someday

Good plan. Start buying your gear!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:06 AM

8,317 posts, read 25,099,702 times
It really gets me when people who have spent maybe one or two 2-week vacations in Colorado, and have never lived here answer the question in this post. How the hell would they know? Most of them haven't seen that much of the state, haven't been here in four seasons, haven't spent significant time in the communities, know little of the culture and history of the place--yet they post like they are experts. That's like opining about what this year's best movie is when you've only seen 3 minutes of it.

Opinions are like noses, everybody has one, but at least they could be educated opinions . . .

Old 10-02-2009, 09:56 AM

13,638 posts, read 21,494,218 times
Flex them keyboard muscles Jazz.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:28 AM

4,266 posts, read 3,593,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
It really gets me when people who have spent maybe one or two 2-week vacations in Colorado, and have never lived here answer the question in this post. How the hell would they know? Most of them haven't seen that much of the state, haven't been here in four seasons, haven't spent significant time in the communities, know little of the culture and history of the place--yet they post like they are experts. That's like opining about what this year's best movie is when you've only seen 3 minutes of it.

Opinions are like noses, everybody has one, but at least they could be educated opinions . . .
Even if someone lived 10 years in one spot, they couldn't (with education or experience) say that any one place is the best/worst unless they have lived or visited every other place on earth. I think the premise behind the question is within the context of personal experience (however limited or expanded that may be). Its just as much an inexperienced opinion as it is an uneducated one. But its a fun poll and people love to give their opinions. That's my opinion, at least

Old 10-02-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post

Now Jazz...calm yourself. I guess you interpreted me as a tourist, which isn't the case. I lived in Colorado for over three years (I was stationed in the military there), so I got my feet wet, and yes, did get the see the local sites many times.

And besides, if I'm complimenting your state, what does it matter? Chill.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:26 PM

3,764 posts, read 7,200,745 times
Default Best/Worst for Me

My List of the Best Places to the Worst Places I've Lived in Colorado:

#1 Trujillo Creek (peaceful! mountain lions! deer! )
#2 Aguilar (no traffic!)
#3 La Vida (could ride my horse on my road)
#4 Steamboat (horse ranching)
#5 Manitou Springs
#6 Ft. Collins
#7 Trinidad
#8 Alamosa (black ice spinouts & frozen oil bursting in my VW in the winter)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado