U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2007, 07:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,711 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!!

I first wanted to say thank you for every active poster on this website because this site provides a great deal of information. I have spent hours reading over the Colorado threads trying to determine if the move is for me.

I have decided to make a trip to Colorado in February but would appreciate some itinerary advice. My girlfriend and I are flying into Denver and driving to Fort Collins the same day. I have a place to stay that night and we are visiting Colorado State on Saturday morning. Besides that my trip is wide open for the next four days. This is where I am asking for your help. We are considering on moving to Colorado within six months and want to get a feel for the Fort Collins area and the surrounding neighborhoods/cities. I have considered traveling South to Boulder to check out the university there and the surrounding areas. I have read numerous posts about difficulty of finding a job in Fort Collins which does worry me. This is why I am also considering looking areas around the Boulder area because the job outlook seems better there.

Finally, of course, I want to get at least a full day of skiing out of the trip. What mountain should we go to for a reasonable price for one or two days of skiing.

Again thank you for your help!!!

Pstraw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
20,800 posts, read 37,476,508 times
I'd check out Greeley on the way up to Ft Collins, as it is relatively close and has college + a less expensive Com Col. The 'cattle' smell may get you down, but lots of folks live there, and I worked there as well as attended a few yrs of school (while living in Loveland). you'll adapt, and even start 'mooing' eventually. I actually think your job search would be better in Loveland, Greeley and Ft Col, Longmont; than Boulder (population center, worker competition, higher housing costs) But you didn't mention career choice.

Skiing depends on your skill. I'd do Winter Park, usually very good conditions, lots of choices of runs, less crowded (can take the 'ski train') If you have an extra day Colo Springs is worth a look. I personally would bypass Denver, but I don't do 'stoplights'...traffic, crowds... unfortunatley plenty of those in Ft Col...Have a great trip, send your Valentines from Loveland and get that "special stamp"

Old 01-09-2007, 08:08 AM

2 posts, read 5,711 times
I have looked at numerous posts about Greeley and will defiantly follow your advice by stopping there. I have lived in Texas for over 20 years so I am already a accustomed to the cows.

As far as Career choice I still don't know what I want to do when I "grow up" I am currently in Telecommunication sales in Dallas but I don't have to stay in that career path. I would love a telecommuter job but don't even know where to look. I know it will be very difficult to find a job being out of state but I am determined to find one.

How far is Colorado Springs from Fort Collins? I haven't read much into Colorado Springs.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:34 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
20,800 posts, read 37,476,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrawther View Post
... I would love a telecommuter job but don't even know where to look. I know it will be very difficult to find a job being out of state but I am determined to find one.

How far is Colorado Springs from Fort Collins? I haven't read much into Colorado Springs.
1 hr South of Denver (2 hrs so of Ft Collins) very nice area, different 'feel' than either Denver or Ft Collins. Closer to escape to 'good' mtns, (head start on Denver folks) has both USAF and US Army, + a pretty broad economy.

Telecommuting would not be too tough to find in your industry, do some web job searching (hotjobs, Yahoo jobs, monster...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or