U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 01:55 AM

643 posts, read 2,165,592 times

Advertisements

If gas companies are moving people out to Rifle then I wonder when people find out where they are going to drill. What happens to an area that is being drilled. With oil fields just like the rigs there is a lot more jobs but also a lot more bars and people coming in & out for work. I wonder how many years it takes to get from where they are now to the beginning of laying pipe and drilling? Anyone out there know what is going on in the area???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 05:20 PM

2 posts, read 11,968 times
From the best of my knowledge most of the drilling is going on in Rio Blanco county just north of Rifle. We've been hunting the area for 60+ years and with in the last few years i've heard Shell oil company got permits to put up something like 175 drill stations. Mobil oil company has been up there for years. It's a nusense to the land and animals....Definatly has effected the hunting and wildlife population. I can't say this is 100% true except for the companies names and where they are drilling...the rest i heard via word of mouth...I also heard they were drilling for natural gas too... A year or two they put in a huge pipe from rifle towards meeker. i heard it runs to Utah.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:54 PM

592 posts, read 1,924,805 times
We lived there for four years 2000 to 04. They started drilling for gas around a small town just south of Rifle and worked their way towards Rifle. Lots of environmental damage, in my mind. They bulldozed roads all over the valleys and hillsides so that when the wind kicked up there were large dust storms. They started out drilling one well on every 40 acres and slowly got the rules changed to drill several. They drilled wells ,literally in peoples back yards. Ruined wells and one stream actually caught fire when a rancher lit the gas that was bubbling up through the water. They are trying to get permision to drill up on top of the mountains, which are some very beautiful areas. Of coarse they will continue to tear things up.
The pipeline goes up to Meeker then into Wyoming clear across to the East and connects into other main pipelines in Colorado.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 11,968 times
they are drilling now and have been for years. the last couple years i have seen a huge difference as they have stepped it up and put more mini stations everywhere. the have layed a huge pipe in rio blanco to utah i heard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado