U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 04:44 PM

49 posts, read 138,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopswillprosper View Post
i are there many down to earth, hippy people here that like chill postive music? and not just a bunch of scene kids.
For the hippy vibe check out Dulcinea's and Sancho's , both on the 700 block of E. Colfax. or just visit here Quixotes True Blue :: Sancho's Broken Arrow :: Dulcinea's 100th Monkey :: Cervantes' Masterpiece ::

scene kids are probably found at Rock Bar i'd guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,607 times
I also moved from Miami - via Clearwater- to Denver. I picked Broomfield and love it. Express bus to Denver or drive. Takes less than 30 mins. I have been in Broomfield for 6 years. Schools are great. You can get a beautiful, large home for under 450,000.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:49 PM
TD*

1,484 posts, read 2,962,158 times
Default From Florida To Denver

Hello all, thought I would toss a bone out to see what you all think.

I am 23, a graduate of Florida State and I want to move out to Denver. I really want to work in the park system planning or such. I have visited Denver and know that I would like living there...

Questions.. How can i get my foot in the door with the parks and rec department?

Old 03-26-2009, 12:28 AM

195 posts, read 714,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD* View Post
Hello all, thought I would toss a bone out to see what you all think.

I am 23, a graduate of Florida State and I want to move out to Denver. I really want to work in the park system planning or such. I have visited Denver and know that I would like living there...

Questions.. How can i get my foot in the door with the parks and rec department?
I don't have an answer for you, but you might have better luck if you change your subject heading to "Denver Parks and Rec jobs?" That will attract those who have experience working for the City of Denver.

Hope that helps.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:26 AM

1,536 posts, read 5,422,007 times
Great advice Tolife, here is a link TD:

Denver Parks and Recreation Home

Old 04-23-2009, 11:43 PM

39 posts, read 78,978 times
Default Need a change...

My husband I currently live in Ybor City, FL (historic district in Tampa). We have a 3 1/2 year old son. The crime, the cost of living, the humidty... the list goes on and on.... has us thinking about moving.

My husband is in upper management in the IT field, I am an accounting clerk, but want to work part time when our son starts kindergarden.
He has lived in TX, KY, NYC and FL. I have lived in OH, NC, KY and FL.

Obviously with my husband being the "bread winner" - we are looking for locations that have jobs in his field. The locations we have found that have jobs, have seasons (which we both miss) and are good for families are:
Fargo, ND
Ft. Collins/Denver, CO
Raliegh, NC

I'm looking for opinions, comments, suggestions... anything that can help us make our decision.
Thank you!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:07 AM

10,688 posts, read 28,537,224 times
Fargo? Seriously?

It would be easier to move to NC then to Denver or Ft. Collins, but there is still humidity in NC.

Otherwise, get a job and see if it's Ft. Collins or Denver, then get housing close to work.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:14 AM

156 posts, read 606,528 times
I have to echo the previous poster's sentiments...Fargo??? Yikes! LOL! I lived in the Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area for 8 years (we live in Denver now), and I think you only get two seasons in Fargo...cool and COLD! Brrrr!

I've never lived in Florida, but I grew up in TX (Houston), and lived in Dallas for several years. I don't know much about NC seasons. Out of the ones you listed, I'd pick Denver in a heartbeat. Gorgeous scenery, and nice weather, although the cost of living is probably a little higher than Fargo on Raleigh.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:51 AM

291 posts, read 788,286 times
I came to Denver 35 years ago to get some job experience and then move back to the midwest. So far, I'm still here. Love the climate, mild winters, lack of oppresive humidity, lots of sun, and friendly people. You would love Colorado, but if not you can always move on. Get the job first, then figure out which neighborhood you want to live in.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:16 PM

6 posts, read 14,163 times
Default Wanting to move from FL to Denver

Hi,

I am seriously considering moving from the west coast of FL to Denver this summer. I am looking for advice on how to search a for a job while out of state. It would be great if I could at least line up a couple of interviews before I arrive. I work in accounting, public accounting. Anybody know what the job market is like? Can anyone recommend any good recruiters? If anyone can offer any advice and/or share their experiences, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or