U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 07:24 PM

10,676 posts, read 28,486,584 times

Advertisements

There are 47 4 bedrooms for sale in the Green Mountain, Golden, D'Evelyn or Bear Creek High Schools in Jefferson County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 02:56 PM

2,755 posts, read 11,511,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
You will be hard put to find a home in that price range that fits your criteria. In fact, you will be hard put to find anything more than a condo in that price range, which could be OK if that's what you like.
I'm sorry, but this is inaccurate. The median home price in the Denver area is less than $250,000.00 This means half of the homes in the area are less than that price. It would be quite easy to find a wide variety of single family homes in Lakewood for below $300,000.00, some far below that mark.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:28 PM

110 posts, read 433,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longingforthewest View Post
Well, we are definitely moving to Colorado. My husband accepted a job in Lakewood, and he starts in two weeks. We will be living in Englewood temporarily, and then moving closer to his job which is at 6th and union. Just gotta wait for the house here to sell first.

Know if any specific neighborhoods or subdivisions I should be looking at? I'd like to stay between 250 and 300k if possible. We'd like to stay where it is bikeable for my husband to get to work.

Thanks for any advice.

TJ
Working at 6th and Union and being in a bikeable location and keeping your housing under 300k....you will probably want to live in the older, more established neighborhoods of Green Mountain.

Your housing price limits will place you on the somewhat lower end of the 4 bd single family homes in that area, but still very doable and in a good location within the metro area.

Green Mountain is a nice area with good infrastructure to get you to any part of the city relatively quickly, good schools and the views of the city are nice. Because of a slightly higher elevation you are somewhat insulated from some of the really bad smog days is another advantage.

Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 AM

13 posts, read 90,324 times
Thanks! That sounds great. Does anyone know of a website where you can search homes for sale by school. We have one here in Atlanta that does that, and it is wonderful. So far, I haven't found a Colorado realty site that offers that method of searching for homes.

Thanks again for your advice,
TJ

Old 02-28-2007, 07:23 AM

10,676 posts, read 28,486,584 times
Default Searching by school

Contact a local Realtor with and ILD (Internet Listing Display) solution. My website does that, start with the basics: price range, city/county, beds, baths,... and then scroll down to the advanced search for schools. Use the CTRL key to choose multiples. You can save your search once you have fine tuned it, or set up email alerts to get the property matches in your email box daily.

I also put my new owners on a neighborhood alert (actives and solds) so they are kept informed for years about the goings on in their neighborhood.

Moderator cut: soliciting

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 02-28-2007 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: Soliciting business.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:16 PM

31 posts, read 117,190 times
I grew up south of the Federal Center, dad still lives there, but the neighborhood is older. Some nice older homes in the Sun Valley area.

Green Mountain has nicer old homes, hope your husband is in great shape, because the ride home at night is all uphill!! But, RTD runs on Alameda, so bus service may be an option.

My sister lives in Golden, (I also did 8 years ago) and Golden has some nice newer neighborhoods, as well as nice older neighborhoods, a great downtown, and is straight west on 6th Avenue.

My sister has her kids in Kyffen Elm., on open enrollment (She lives in Pleasent View).

Old 03-01-2007, 06:20 AM

13 posts, read 90,324 times
Default Thanks

Thanks you both for the info. From what we have found out from you all and our own searches it looks like we'd like Golden and the Green Mountain area. I have been researching schools and it looks like we have some good options for our kids.

My husband is in decent shape since he is biking to work now and Atlanta is very hilly. Not sure how he'd feel about doing that size of hill everyday, although I'm willing to find out.

I'm going to check out the search by schools option. I'm so excited to hear that a website like that is out there.

I'm getting so excited! I'll be there in two weeks. I know it sounds melodramatic, but this is a dream come true for us! It has been a long time coming, and it is finally happening. I can't wait to see those beautiful mountains again.

Thanks!!
TJ

Old 03-07-2007, 10:26 AM

18 posts, read 78,990 times
you will be able to find a house in lakewood in your price range though probably not a great one. green mountain area is good but more spendy. you will pay over 300,000 for sure. anything close to the foothills is much higher. i wouldn't live in lakewood i think it's the only place around Denver that is shrinking in population. it's more like a city you drive thru to get somewhere else. just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado