Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 03:00 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,620,635 times

Advertisements

Indep. pass is scary at night!! Trust me. I'd go in the day next time I get a chance.
But that would be something to do. Let's see, I really admire Red Rocks. Also Garden of the Gods. Not sure how far you are planning on going, but the Maroon Bells are something that should be seen! Downtown Denver has some nice shops and Resturants to stop at. Enjoy! I am jealous~

And yes, drink lots of water. Carry it with you.
Don't over do anything the first few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 11:59 AM

543 posts, read 1,224,268 times
Default Back from my trip-WOW!

What a trip! It was so awe-inspiring. Loved the mountains. My first day went to Mt. Evans-to the top! I had to go slow, but made it to 14,250 feet. It was breath taking in more ways than one! lol! I was sucking air for sure.
Did make it to Red Rocks for a concert, the sound is amazing. Loved Golden, very quaint. The 4th was great at Mile high raceway. Visited Fort Collins, saw horsetooth.
Second week we drove to Crested Butte to camp in the mountains, saw quite a bit of the State. Sad to see the problem with the trees in certain areas-(beetle problem).
The Butte was great, camped by a water fall and running brook for 2 days had to wear long johns at night-still snow in the area, took a three mile hike and saw 3 lakes, and another fall, tried to fish, but no luck. The wild flowers were everywhere, so beautiful!
Camped one day in Beuna Vista by another rushing brook and went rafting in Browns Canyon-fun! It was too hot for a hot spring-will do that in the Winter.
I have a good idea where I want to move now. I liked Lakewood, Golden, Morrison, and Red Mountain areas. Felt Fort Collins was too big-spread out(sprawl). If I could afford it-CB was great.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:25 PM

543 posts, read 1,224,268 times
I meant Green Mountain not Red! Was thinking of the Red Lady in CB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado