U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:02 AM

3,869 posts, read 12,515,327 times

Advertisements

my ASSertion is spot on.

Having, myself being a ski bum for 28years.
Started as a lift opp at CBMR. then as a cat opp 2nd year, foreman 3rd year, as the superviser of the slope maintenance dept. in angel fire resort (grooming/trail work)

Ski area management is still the same and the need for seasonal workers is
same as it ever was.

Why have a dozen threads on the same subject.
Why have to go to multiple threads to get the same info.
I'm not going to regurgitate the same info over and over.

Even the mods agree or they would not have combined 2 threads.

regardless of "market forces " resorts need employes every year.
and the strategy remains the same year after year.

How do I know, Because I did the hiring for my dept and I socialize with the other supervisors and my GF was in HR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushhournewb View Post
The problem with that is, if a thread was started (say) five years ago, whatever info given in its early life may be totally irrelevant today. So you read all this stuff that no longer applies and eventually get to page whatever and now it has current info. I don't agree that years ago info is still "useful" as a rule, it depends on market forces etc. Things have changed radically lately. All bets are off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushhournewb View Post
I was responding to snofarmer's assertion that it's always better to post on an existing thread than start a new one. Not necessarily just referring to a ski bum thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 02:57 PM

352 posts, read 564,637 times
Nice ASSertion.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:29 PM

35 posts, read 37,503 times
Default Looking to work in Vail/breckenridge for the winter season?

Hello,
Just throwing this out there to see if i get any bites....

I just moved to colorado, and would love to live/work in vail/breckenridge (or thereabouts) for the winter season or longer. I am very hard-working, youngish (29), good-looking (if that helps haha), extremely dependable and honest. I just sold a business in which I worked 7 days a week basically for the last 10 years. I'd love to experience living and working in a resort town, as its always something I wanted to do. I am currently staying in Denver but could make the trip asap for the right opportunity.
So, if anyone has any connections or friends in the area looking for honest, good help please shoot me a reply. I have my resume ready... I really don't care what kind of work it is, my background is food/bev/hospitality (owned a cafe for 10+ years) but I'm open to anything. Money is not a huge motivator here, meeting new people, having a chance to work hard for someone and learn a new trade would be awesome. Room and board would be great as well... if at all possible.

My experience in hospitality is broad- Cook, prep, server, owner/operator, sales, etc...

If you know someone looking for a worker, I will not dissapoint you!

Any advice, offers, help welcomed. Thanks much in advance!

Ty

Old 11-15-2012, 10:40 AM

48 posts, read 84,402 times
Sounds like you could get a job working for Vail Resorts (Vail, BC, Breck, Key) in a second. And sounds like you could do anything from Mountain operations (running a lift), to F&B, to hospitality; and that's basically all that there is up there in the winter. I don't have any connections, but used to work for Vail, and they're always hiring. (www.vailresorts.com)

Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 PM

2,438 posts, read 3,268,167 times
You don't need connections. Loads of jobs.
Vail Resorts | Search Jobs

Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM

9,817 posts, read 19,029,157 times
Hiring right now and you better move on it fast if you want it:

CME Employment | Apply For A Job | Colorado Mountain Express

It's a great job with full time year round possibilities if you are good.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 716 times
Default Vail - lodging

Coming to vail march 4 - 9th for job.

Need private lodging for two. To secure this week.

In the Vail area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or