Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 12:44 PM

8 posts, read 25,176 times

Advertisements

Hi, i am flying in to denver for 10 days on 4th july on a fact finder looking for a little property (any style considered) or land to buy as a holiday home anywhere in the state, preferably with a nice view. i'm not certain on budget yet but would consider up to $250,000 for the ideal location.

There is a bewildering amount of info on the net and i wonder if anyone could help point me in the right direction

i am looking for a town or city that has lots of snow in winter but pleasant summers, ideally golf and fishing in summer and my version of skiing in winter

also (and dont ask) but i would love to find a property or land on or near a working railroad
thanking you in anticipation
shamu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 12:56 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,626 times
Get 'em Jazzlover!

Old 06-25-2008, 01:14 PM

719 posts, read 2,618,070 times
Any of the resort towns along I70- Breckenridge, Frisco, Vail, Avon, Edwards, and Eagle. If you're really wealthy, theres the Roaring Fork Valley with Aspen and Basalt. Down in the SW portion of the state are Durango and Telluride, both of which also require huge bankrolls. Just remember they're all RESORT towns, not really communities. Lots of transient folk in them.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:38 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,916,263 times
You can always buy me a house.

< grin >

Old 06-25-2008, 01:41 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
Get 'em Jazzlover!
You beat me to it....

FOR SALE
Trophy House, huge garage for three 8 liter SUVs, plenty of office space to spread out re-zoning plans for the new Sprawl Lands Ranch,

You'll love the 8000 square foot blue grass lawn - with lots of sprinklers, sprinklers, sprinklers!

Includes plenty of firewood obtained by ripping down 40 pine trees to make room for the 400 foot X 20 foot concrete driveway.

Access to the property is obtained by slowing down to 15MPH in the passing of the interstate.

(image not protected by copyright)

Old 06-25-2008, 02:09 PM

ok people, sorry, didn't mean to offend the locals, I'm not mega rich and worked hard to get an average government pension here in the u.k. Colorado seemed such a nice place to maybe spend a few months of the year, I only mentioned $250,000 as my brother and sister were interested in coming in too. the likelyhood is I will probably end up funding it myself and so $100k may be more realistic.

SOCKEYE thanks for your post, community living rather than resort sounds more appealing...any further pointers?.. not forgetting that railroad!!

I'm not averse to a small parcel of land with a self build possibility if anyone has any ideas along those lines

thanks
shamu

Old 06-25-2008, 03:27 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,218,659 times
Hmm... isn't a London firm trying to buy one of our railroads?

Old 06-25-2008, 04:16 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,997,570 times
shamu01 wrote:
help please in selecting the right location for a holiday home
Home is where the heart is! Seriously though, you are likely to have a very challenging time finding what you are looking for with the limited budget that you suggest. If something like that was readily available within your budgetary constraints I'd probably be doing it too. Let me know what you find.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:21 PM

Thanks NewAge Redneck,

I'll certainly let you know if I find something...

Just been looking around Hot Sulphur Springs area, can find the railroad and river, but looking like I'll be confined to a tent!

Has anyone got any knowledge of Granby Ranch? There seems a lot of talk, but not a lot of information...

Thanks again

Shamu

Old 06-25-2008, 07:06 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,471,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamu01 View Post
Hi, i am flying in to denver for 10 days on 4th july on a fact finder looking for a little property (any style considered) or land to buy as a holiday home anywhere in the state, preferably with a nice view. i'm not certain on budget yet but would consider up to $250,000 for the ideal location.

There is a bewildering amount of info on the net and i wonder if anyone could help point me in the right direction

i am looking for a town or city that has lots of snow in winter but pleasant summers, ideally golf and fishing in summer and my version of skiing in winter

also (and dont ask) but i would love to find a property or land on or near a working railroad
thanking you in anticipation
shamu
Just what we need, another second-home piece of crap trashing up the Colorado mountains. I happen to know a particular area near one of Colorado's tourist railroads that has been absolutely aesthetically ruined by the proliferation of trophy and second homes. We don't need any more of it.

How's that Timberwolf232? Or, do I need to say how I REALLY feel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado