Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:33 PM

4 posts, read 14,983 times

Advertisements

Hi, I recently visited Colorado and I LOVED it. I am from Ohio. I am entering my first year of college in the fall but have decided to transfer to Colorado for the duration of college. I am unfamilar with the universities out there, but I plan on getting my degree in nursing. I have done some research and have found Mesa State College, Colorado State University-Pueblo, University of Northern Colorado and the University of Colorado-Denver. I don't want to attend a community college, but I also need an affordable university. If anyone can give me some advice on good colleges that are reasonable and have the nursing major that would be wonderful. Thanks : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 05:47 PM

345 posts, read 1,560,146 times
You can do a search at :: College Planning Made Easy | Inside Source for College Admissions Requirements based on your preferences - location, size, degree, cost, etc and get a better idea of what's available in the area.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:59 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,147,178 times
I am an RN and I didn't know Mesa State had a nursing program. You learn something new every day! I believe Metro State in Denver also has a nursing program. Regis University (private) also has nursing. My somewhat biased opinion? Stick with UNC, UCD (is actually in Aurora for nursing), maybe UCCS. They have the longest-standing programs and the programs have a good reputation. Be aware that it may be hard to transfer after 1+ years. There is also the issue of Colorado residency, which has been discussed here before. I'd suggest doing a search for that information. It is not easy to become an in-state resident to go to college here.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:45 PM

Do you know if it is necessary to become an in-state resident to attend college in Colorado?

Old 07-02-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferbs View Post
Do you know if it is necessary to become an in-state resident to attend college in Colorado?
No, there are many out of state students at the state colleges and universities. They pay more tuition.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 PM

ok, do you know if there is anything i should do that will help me tranfer easier? i am going to the ohio state university in the fall. thank you for all your help so far by the way

Old 07-02-2008, 09:03 PM

You would need to decide on a specific school and see what their requirements are for transferring. Some nursing programs have you taking nursing courses freshman year and some don't. That's why it's so hard to transfer w/o starting over sometimes.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:09 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,357,988 times
Katiana is the expert on nursing and I won't debate her on that. That said, you might want to check out the University of Wyoming nursing program. For many years, it had a pretty good program. A friend graduated from there as an RN and she has had a very good career--rapidly moving up the ranks into some pretty high-powered leadership jobs in the profession. Maybe Katiana has some current info on the UW program. Having lived in Wyoming, I'm a little prejudiced in favor of UW and it is closer to a lot of nice Colorado (and Wyoming) country than a lot of the Front Range cities. No one will ever confuse Laramie with a thriving metropolis, though (Thank God for that!).

Old 07-02-2008, 09:23 PM

ok..just one more thing. how is colorado? I just think I liked it because it was vacation and that seems to always taint and make a place seem a lot better than what it really is. kind of like the grass is always greener on the other side. will i still enjoy the beautiful scenery and always find something to do outdoors as well as find a good job. thank you again for all of your good advice, i am looking in to the colleges you both suggested right now.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 PM

835 posts, read 2,846,633 times
hey man my company i am transfering with in august is gonna pay for me to go to school. i have a semester done so far and will be going to red rocks to get pre requsites finished before goin to a four year school!! colorados AMAZING
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado