Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2007, 06:33 PM

8 posts, read 22,184 times

Advertisements

Hello from Michigan... Wondering about the need for concrete construction workers... preferably in the area of Fort Collins, Loveland ... Any info on wages and/or places looking for help would be greatly appreciated... Have 20 yrs exp heavy equip operating. block work some brick and also poured walls.. Most exp however is flatwork and custom stencil and coloring work.... thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 11:11 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2597 View Post
... preferably in the area of Fort Collins, Loveland ...
I think your skill set and desires would fit here better than your inquiry to Rock Springs. It is gonna be easy to find work (I have an uncle who's done flatwork in Loveland since 1965). My Father-in-law did stone work there for 40yrs before retiring and moving to OR. Affordable Housing will be a challenge. You will just have to dig, and maybe live out east for a spell. (Wellington, Severance, Timnath, Kelim, Johnstown)

Old 01-21-2007, 04:46 PM

Thanks for the info Jan. Must not be many ppl on here from that area.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:38 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2597 View Post
Thanks for the info Jan. Must not be many ppl on here from that area.
actually there are quite a few, I'm suprised they are not commenting. Personally, if you are good at flatwork, and can 'stamp and stain', there is a LOT of money in Ft Collins, Loveland, Masonville, Estes Park, and some very creative people. The will want to be dressing up their places, as they can't afford to 'upgrade'. It is a very stable 'diverse' economy (unlike WY, boom or bust) You can work almost every day (except this yr... very rare extended cold / snow) It is quite a nice place... There are also some new technologies in concrete veneering that hold promise for decorative work. Actually I'm thinking of buildin my next house as a 'tilt-up' passive solar. I almost bought a 10yd cement truck for $1800 to use as a site rig, just that I'm not sure where my next site will be, and already have dozer, Tracked bobcat w/ 8 attachments, excavator and tractors + dump and flatbed to move. + adequate tools, 2 mills (3,000#each), lathe(2,000#) gonna be a heavy trip. I better start brewing some extra Bio-diesel.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:17 AM

LOL @ brewin extra bio diesel.... If you figure that out make sure you get a patent! Sounds like your about all ready to go and I think you have something on the solar system. One thing I would suggest also would be in radiant heat in your basement floor but with so many in your family that have been involved with this I'm sure they've already let you know... Thanks again

Old 01-22-2007, 07:40 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,913,962 times
My brother is #2 in his company....they build Wal*Marts, Home Depots and the like....lots of retail stuff.

If you are as skilled as you state, send me a PM and I will try to get you in contact with some of the larger construction companies.

My family has been involved with construction all my life.

From commercial construction to home building, I have a few connections or at least where to steer you to.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:00 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Default I simply LOVE concrete....

....was sitting in the middle of 2.5 million tons of concrete when an airplane flew into my building on 9-11-2001.....

Old 01-22-2007, 12:28 PM

I dont know what to say to that Mike, I've pinched fingers, had a guy drop a broken chunk on my foot.. I always had to squeal a little bit so I cant even imagine that much coming down around me... For sure I'd be changing my drawers first thing if I made it home.. Glad your ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado