Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2008, 08:22 AM

9 posts, read 29,904 times

Advertisements

Hello all, we are new to this site, but after looking at several threads we are as anxious as ever in our move to Colorado from Texas. We have lived in Texas for 6 years now and could not be happier to moving to a state that has all four seasons, not just hot and hotter.

We picked the areas between Boulder and Denver so we are out of city limits but not too far. My wife and I will be starting our family soon so I hope we are picking the right area to move to. My questions are;

What are the good affordable apartments to look at?

How's the crime rate?

Employment?

Neighbors in general?

Traffic?

Any thing you can offer us will be a great help. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 11:55 AM

792 posts, read 3,125,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesandlaura View Post
We picked the areas between Boulder and Denver so we are out of city limits but not too far. My wife and I will be starting our family soon so I hope we are picking the right area to move to. My questions are;

What are the good affordable apartments to look at?
My first look would be the Horizons at Rock Creek in Superior (next to Broomfield/Louisville).

Crime is low/negligable but employment has been and still is a "make or break" issue for people moving and remaing here. This was why I came to CO and left CO. Do your research carefully for work. It is in many cases the gaiting factor for a move and long term surviveability in CO (depending of course on what line of work you do).

Old 07-30-2008, 08:14 AM

9 posts, read 29,904 times
Spin, thanks for the info! We have less than 30 days for our move and we can't wait!

Old 07-30-2008, 10:38 AM

530 posts, read 2,617,806 times
My family and I moved to Louisville a couple of years ago. We just love it. We used to live in Dallas and my family is still in Ft Worth. Both areas are nice but DFW is just too sprawled out for us. We have made soooo many good friends here. The quality of life is second to none. You should search this site for the many threads already listed for Louisville. We first lived in the Horizons at Rock Creek before we bought our house. Simpson Property Group | Dwell in Satisfaction Louisville is consistently rated as one of the best places to raise a family. Best Places to Live: Top 100 - Louisville, Colo. (3) - Money Magazine

Old 07-31-2008, 05:24 PM

25 posts, read 80,553 times
I lived in Broomfield for a short time. Friendly people, good weather, really liked hangin out in Boulder. Rush hour traffic is heavy but its getting that way everywhere. I was working within two weeks and that included my two days to get there.

Old 07-31-2008, 09:19 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times
Since you asked about employment, I am assuming you do not have jobs lined up. Therefore, I would suggest a more central location until the job is secured. THEN, you can move somewhere within a reasonable distance of the job(s). Broomfield is more accessible to Denver than Louisville or Boulder. It might be a good base of operations for a while. There are a number of apt complexes in Broomfield. You can also try that old standby, craigslist, and the local papers' classifides.

Daily Camera.com : Boulder, Colorado, News, Business, Homes, Jobs, Cars & Information There is also a Broomfield edition of the Camera called the Broomfield Enterprise, BroomfieldEnterprise.com : Broomfield, Colorado News, Business, Homes, Jobs, Cars & Information

Old 03-28-2009, 04:47 PM

4 posts, read 32,648 times
Default Moving to L Towns or Boulder

Hello,
My family is moving to the Boulder area this summer. My husband prefers Boulder, but we find it very expensive. I like Louisville. Can you tell me good neighborhoods to look into in Louisville where there are families with children, maybe a community pool, near walking/jogging paths or trails, with larger yards (at least 8500 s.f.), with good schools? I am excited about Louisville. We are also looking at Longmont, Niwot, and Lafayette. What do you advise? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micktooth View Post
My family and I moved to Louisville a couple of years ago. We just love it. We used to live in Dallas and my family is still in Ft Worth. Both areas are nice but DFW is just too sprawled out for us. We have made soooo many good friends here. The quality of life is second to none. You should search this site for the many threads already listed for Louisville. We first lived in the Horizons at Rock Creek before we bought our house. Simpson Property Group | Dwell in Satisfaction Louisville is consistently rated as one of the best places to raise a family. Best Places to Live: Top 100 - Louisville, Colo. (3) - Money Magazine

Old 03-28-2009, 11:52 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,167,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimplekins View Post
Hello,
My family is moving to the Boulder area this summer. My husband prefers Boulder, but we find it very expensive. I like Louisville. Can you tell me good neighborhoods to look into in Louisville where there are families with children, maybe a community pool, near walking/jogging paths or trails, with larger yards (at least 8500 s.f.), with good schools? I am excited about Louisville. We are also looking at Longmont, Niwot, and Lafayette. What do you advise? Thanks.
Louisville isn't very big, so you're not far from much anywhere in town. The older new areas (if you get my drift) have the largest yards in general. You might not like the 70s and 80s style houses, though (mostly late 70s). Some names are Hillsborough North, H. West, Mesa Point, Continental View. Saddleback (or Saddle Ridge, I can't remember for sure) has a community pool. These things aren't as popular here as some places b/c the outdoor swim season is quite short. There is a public pool (outdoor) on the west side of downtown, and an indoor pool at the rec center. Every place in town is near a bike/walking path. The schools are all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado