Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:54 PM

12 posts, read 61,603 times

Advertisements

Hello,We live in pueblo west,not off of the golf course but we have friends that live off of the golf course and their property goes up in value every year,you would not believe how many people want to live off of A golf course we have been to BBQ'S at thier house and it is a real friendly atmosphere with the golfers making thier rounds, and the houses around them do not stay on the market very long,and this is in Pueblo west,so you could not go wrong in FC,I have always wanted to live in FC but I have a great paying job in CS and lived in CS for 15 years before moving to Pueblo West,I never thought I would live in Pueblo West but I only drive 30 min to work and I cannot wait to get home to my peaceful friendly neighborhood ,If you do not like meeting people I would not live off of the course,That is why we live out west of town on a large lot we like our privacy and we do not have to worry about the kids when they are out playing Just MY opinion Have a great day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 09:36 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,889,377 times
My parents live on a golf course and other than the occasional golf ball come flying in their yard, their property values have remained and in some years climbed (depends on general economic times).

My neices and nephews play in the yard all the time (as well as some of the younger folk in my family) and there's never been a problem and they have lived there since 1995.

Typically, golf course homes are viewed as prime property. I think that's pretty typical all over the US.

Old 02-15-2020, 06:04 AM

3,576 posts, read 2,166,933 times
We live on the 6th fairway. When the golf course was newer we did get a couple of broken windows, we solved that by putting Lexan over the windows that got broke. Its been about 10 years and no windows have been broken since. I love living here but we do have good size backyards that helps alot. Our lots are 1/3-2/3 of an acre. Our particular lot is 2/3 of an acre.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:24 AM

1,835 posts, read 3,140,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
Generally, it's considered a "plus" to back up to a golf course because of the "green vistas" and open space. Nobody will be building another house right against your lot.
Some of the golf courses in my area have closed and the land sold to developers, which are now building homes in the open space behind existing houses.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:39 AM

1,190 posts, read 1,179,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
Some of the golf courses in my area have closed and the land sold to developers, which are now building homes in the open space behind existing houses.
Gleneagle, Appletree, and now Springs Ranch to name a few.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:35 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,599,138 times
Golf is a declining sport and courses are closing all over the US. So there is risk involved.

With that being said we bought next to a course and love it. See the photo below from our back patio.

There are advantages. It’s completely quiet at night. Your neighbors are far away. In the off months we have a 5 mile walk of solitude on the cart path. We always have green behind our house and we don’t have to mow it. We can walk to the club house for a burger or cocktail. We are not required to be a member. The community attracts like minded people. The course is always ranked a top course in Colorado. Usually number 1.

We figure worst case if or when it closes, they can’t move our red rock views, but hopefully by then we’ll be dead.
Attached Thumbnails
does living backed up to a golf course decrease value?-6abded73-067b-4209-9b8a-01511d371826.jpeg  

Old 02-15-2020, 01:29 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,179,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COcheesehead View Post
Golf is a declining sport and courses are closing all over the US. So there is risk involved.

With that being said we bought next to a course and love it. See the photo below from our back patio.

There are advantages. It’s completely quiet at night. Your neighbors are far away. In the off months we have a 5 mile walk of solitude on the cart path. We always have green behind our house and we don’t have to mow it. We can walk to the club house for a burger or cocktail. We are not required to be a member. The community attracts like minded people. The course is always ranked a top course in Colorado. Usually number 1.

We figure worst case if or when it closes, they can’t move our red rock views, but hopefully by then we’ll be dead.
Very nice!

I'd love to be on a course too- like Fox Hill in Longmont.

Unfortunately golfers like me would always be in my yard looking for errant balls (!).

Old 04-11-2021, 10:42 PM

1 posts, read 599 times
Hello,
We are in exact same situation....did you end up buying the property and how is your experience? Do you recommend buying property next to golf course. - Sam

Old 04-17-2021, 10:10 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,577 posts, read 57,515,730 times
My mom had (4) homes on golf courses. She had to wear bicycle helmets when working outdise in yard, but we got buckets of free golf balls.

Hundreds of broken windows and slate roof tiles, and damaged stucco.

Depends on your proximity to course, but in one case her home was an abutement into the course and often golfers would try to drive OVER her home... Crunch....

Resale value?... She made a fortune on each of her homes (She did 8 executive flip homes AFTER retirement). She eventually got away from homes on golf courses (She never played golf, but appreciated the clear views)

Old 04-18-2021, 09:48 AM

2,333 posts, read 2,599,138 times
I lived on two courses in my life and never got hit with a ball. Lot selection is key. Never down the fairway from a tee box. Especially in the 150 ish yard range where slices go to die. Transition areas, lots adjacent to tee boxes or well off the back of the green are usually fine.

When we bought our second lot, we walked the entire neighborhood noting where balls were laying on the lots. As soon as they stopped we bought one lot over. Nice view of the surrounding cliffs and a tee box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado