Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2008, 07:21 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,499,730 times

Advertisements

I will be in Colorado again Aug 14 -20 and while i booked some nights in advance I also left some time open so my little girl and I can just wander around.

It is easy to find vacant hotels in towns like Breckenridge,Idaho Springs, Leadville, etc? Any that anyone would recommend? Are they pricey if not online or the opposite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 02:16 PM

2,253 posts, read 6,968,186 times
Wink A few options

That time of year you could probably walk into some hotels and book a room, and in others it would have been better to have a reservation. A few weeks later and you could have your pick of places, as many of the tourists gone. While online reservations can be convenient, sometimes it seems the least expensive option is to show up unannounced.

Of the places you mentioned, I'd recommend something centrally located to them all. Two places come to mind, both in Frisco, CO.

The Ramada Limited
Ramada Limited Frisco (http://netopiadesigncenter.com/ramadafrisco/hotelhome/ - broken link)
is on the edge of town, next to I-70. Very easy access, and if a room on the sunny southern side you probably will not hear the interstate. Lovely views as well. Moderate prices, at least for that area. Modern, nice rooms, if small. There is a Safeway grocery and some restaurants within an easy walk; a bit more of a walk on a lovely town trail can take you into the center of town.

The Snowshoe Motel
Snowshoe Motel, Frisco, Summit County, Dillon, Breckenridge, Keystone, Colorado
is located in downtown Frisco, on the main street. More of a traditional two-story motel, but nice enough. Comfortable rooms, larger than at the Ramada Limited. Price is moderate, roughly equivalent to the Ramada Limited. The location may decide you, as it is a pleasant and easy walk to anywhere within downtown Frisco. They have a lovely main street, with many beautiful shops and restaurant options. These, on the pricey side.

Simply due location, I wouldn't choose Idaho Springs, CO for lodging unless some specific reason you wish to do so.

Leadville, CO may offer you the least expensive lodging options in the area. Not entirely sure, but they may.

There are many lodging options within Summit County. Dillon, CO and Silverthorne, CO have more than a few.

Lodging in Breckenridge, CO would likely be some of the more expensive. However it is a lovely town with many cute Victorian boutiques and restaurants. All somewhat pricey, but you may feel worth it.

On the pricey side as well would be the Keystone Lodge & Spa
Keystone Lodge & Spa - Hotel Highlights (http://keystonelodge.rockresorts.com/info/htl.asp - broken link)
A lovely complex within a nice setting. Something like this a good choice if you are looking for more of a resort, and don't mind the cost. Lots of amenities on site, but for strolling through a proper downtown you'd have to make the relatively short trip to someplace such as Frisco or Breckenridge.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado