U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:16 AM

10 posts, read 65,607 times

Advertisements

We're thinking of moving to Colorado. My dd has eczema ----currently only in the winter. It gets worse if it gets cold out and the heat is on a lot. She is 4 years old and it has gotten better each winter.

Do you think it will get worse if we move to Colorado? Will we regret the move? Give me any ideas you have. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 06:55 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,148,217 times
I (50-something) developed winter eczema about two years before we left Colorado. It disappeared when we moved here to Florida. It definitely was related to the dry and cold. I would get horrible cracks in my fingers.
The cracks and the eczema always disappeared in summer.
However, somebody else posted that they *developed* eczema when they moved to Florida. So who knows what will happen.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:14 AM

10 posts, read 65,607 times
thanks for your response. I did a search on "eczema" and saw that post about developing eczema in Florida. Never heard of such a thing!! My daughter's eczema is definitely much better in humidity. It gets bad in the winter and you can't even notice it when it's summer,fall,spring---only when the heat is on and the air is dry.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:04 AM

431 posts, read 2,499,884 times
Colorado is a semi arid state. If dry is your daughters problem then I would not think that you would want a dry state. But I would think you need to talk to doctors about this.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:18 AM

226 posts, read 1,246,953 times
I have had mild winter eczema for many years. It got a little worse when I moved to Colorado from Washington DC, but I recently started using Johnson & Johnson Skin Crack Ointment and it cleared up completely.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:50 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,740,115 times
I've had eczema since I was a kid...born and raised here so I think it's a matter of your body in revolt. Well, that is my case anyway.

I make sure to use gloves when I clean, keep the humidity in my house higher, don't wash my hands too often (sounds bad but I have very dry skin), use decent lotion and wear decent gloves when I am outside...

Oddly enough, despite the colder weather here this winter it hasn't been as bad as it was last year. I bought another humidifier and I think that helps a lot.

You may want to talk to your daughter's pediatrician to find more about it. Mine went away for many years and recently (about 5 years ago or so) came back. It is managable though.

Old 02-24-2007, 04:48 PM

2 posts, read 17,876 times
I've had eczema on and off since I was young, too. However, my skin's been getting better over these past few years. In fact, I haven't had an outbreak since early fall. I don't use a humidifier or anything but I make sure to keep my skin well moisturized in the cold weather with body butters from Bath & Body Works.

Old 02-25-2007, 03:50 PM

41 posts, read 196,117 times
Default eczema

Very likely to get worse in a drier climate. Try supplementing her diet with fish oil or flax seed oil. My ex suffered very badly from it, always worse in dry climate/winter. try Hope's Relief cream you can get it on the internet, it is the only thing that worked for him and it has no cortisone or anything in it. Also avoid any kind of soap - use a PH balanced shower gel (like dove moisturising body wash) instead.

Old 08-17-2015, 07:30 AM

25 posts, read 20,447 times
I know this post is really old but OP did you make the move to Colorado and what happened with her eczema?????

Old 08-17-2015, 08:54 AM

16,163 posts, read 20,172,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecidedatlordenver View Post
I know this post is really old but OP did you make the move to Colorado and what happened with her eczema?????
The last time the OP signed on to City Data was March 29, 2011
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or