U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 01:58 PM

90 posts, read 224,162 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if anyone could comment on what the Wildernest condos are like in Silverthorne.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 10:15 AM

447 posts, read 1,421,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thIndian View Post
I am wondering if anyone could comment on what the Wildernest condos are like in Silverthorne.
Well that's hard to say.....there are 150,000 condo's on that mountain......and all the complexes are different

It would be helpful if you could narrow down your question.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:48 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,917,747 times
Quote:
If you want to PM me, I may be able to get you into contact with one of the original realtors for Wildernest.

I don't want to directly PM you as I don't want to sound like I am selling you something but I do know someone that was part of the original selling of those condos. Whether she can help you or not is up in the air but she's trusted and has lived up there since the early 90s and does a pretty good job.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:51 AM

breaksraver13,
Narrowing it down-If you were going to buy a condo in the Summit County area for 400 or less, where would you buy? I failed to see the Wildernest area when looking at RE last spring on a visit and am wondering what it is like to have that many condo buildings in one concentrated area. Also, since they all funnel through the same main road, doesn't that create traffic problems? And do you know how long the public transit commute is to Breckenridge? Is it strictly a tourist rental area or is it a home for lots of locals too? I would rather the local feel as I may move to Summit County in 3 or so years.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:38 AM

1,872 posts, read 5,788,845 times
If you look at a map, you'll see that Wildernest actually splits off into two "sections". The southern area, accessed by Ryan Gulch, is mostly condos with lots of part-timers, but also full-time residents. The northern part, accessed mainly by Buffalo Mountain Drive has more houses with full-timers. On weekends/holidays/"rush-hour", yes, there can be a long line of cars up and down Ryan Gulch Road.

There are also some very nice-looking condos (don't know how expensive) further north along Highway 9 in Silverthorne, across the Kum & Go, and in/near Ravens/Three Peaks Golf Course.

Lots of apartment/condo complexes just off Highway 9 (e.g. Rainbow Drive, Brian Avenue, and some even in Willowbrook (past the Kum & Go). Not sure which ones are condos versus apartments though.

Some apartment/condo complexes in the Summit Cove area as well. Many in Dillon Valley East area as well (the cheapest area in the county).

While I haven't taken the Summit Stage, it can take a while to get to Breck mainly because of all the transfers -- you have to transfer in Silverthorne, Frisco, and then onto Breck. You can check the schedules, which gives estimated times here: Summit Stage - Free Transportation in Summit County, Colorado

Btw, breaksraver, where did you end up moving?

Last edited by Fuzz; 08-20-2008 at 10:53 AM..

Old 08-20-2008, 04:49 PM

Great info Fuzz! Thx. Hope you don't mind me asking you ...What do you consider the best thing about living in Summit County?

Old 08-20-2008, 05:16 PM

1,872 posts, read 5,788,845 times
Quote:
What do you consider the best thing about living in Summit County?
The best thing is undoubtedly the outdoors. Hiking, biking, skiing, kayaking, and many others are minutes away (and often just down the block) -- very easy to get away during the week and stay in on the weekends when the Denverites ascend in hordes.

We live in a mostly full-timer neighborhood, so everyone knows each other, and you run into people you know at the stores, restaurants, trails, etc., which is also very nice.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:39 PM

447 posts, read 1,421,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Btw, breaksraver, where did you end up moving?
I live in the Original Dillon Valley Condo's at the top of Evergreen Rd.
Quote:
Great info Fuzz! Thx. Hope you don't mind me asking you ...What do you consider the best thing about living in Summit County?
Honestly what isn't there to love

Old 08-21-2008, 07:39 AM

1,331 posts, read 4,529,537 times
I am soooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I personally think that living in Summit County is to fully enjoy Colorado!!
Great in the Summer and , definitely makes the Winters a Wonderland!
I am sooooo jealous!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 10:48 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,299,976 times
The market is down so might be a good time for a buyer. Wildenest specifically I have stayed in. Convenient, but not walking distance to anything I would want to walk to. Traffic in that area has picked up the last few years but it's a resort. The condos themselves are somewhat older--age and upkeep are key, but most of that era's condos are the basic two bedroom, mountain style stuff the tourists like. Don't buy one without a visit to inspect, for sure. The parking is in partially closed garages underneath for the most part and there are community hottubs/spas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado