Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 08:52 AM

26,338 posts, read 93,495,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Want_Snow View Post
So C.S. has a good deal of I.T. work? Is Monument considered the Foothills or the Front Range?
Much of COS IT work is military related. A clearance is valuable.

Monument is part of the Front Range. It abuts the foothills. Elevation is about 7000-7300 feet. Check out Google Earth to get a feel for the topography of these places.

Check out Jackson Creek, Northgate, Flying Horse, and Gleneagle subdivisions in this area. Good schools. Great place for kids. No crime. No traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 09:26 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,387,272 times
I posted this website so many times, I can type it in my sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Weatherbase

It has climate averages for thousands of locales around the world, including most Colorado towns. Go look it up--break a leg!

You can also go to the Western Regional Climate Center ( Western Regional Climate Center ), but their website can be find of funky to navigate.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:49 AM

274 posts, read 625,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
I posted this website so many times, I can type it in my sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Weatherbase

It has climate averages for thousands of locales around the world, including most Colorado towns. Go look it up--break a leg!

You can also go to the Western Regional Climate Center ( Western Regional Climate Center ), but their website can be find of funky to navigate.
Great site!! I checked my Google search history and that site never came up at all.

Maybe a mod should make it a sticky under "Search Colorado Weather" ??

Sorry if I upset you about this posting... my bad.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:00 AM

No upset here. I've wished it would be a "sticky" for quite awhile.

Old 08-31-2008, 11:29 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,300,450 times
Thanks jazz. I added it to my "weather' favorites.

Old 08-31-2008, 03:59 PM

532 posts, read 1,563,305 times
thanks for that website haha.....according to it gunnison has 262 days a year where the temp drops below 32F. Wolf creek pass i think gets ~300 in. a year of snow, move there

Old 08-31-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticky909 View Post
thanks for that website haha.....according to it gunnison has 262 days a year where the temp drops below 32F.
Based on my experience living in Gunnison, that figure is pretty much right. Days below zero (often WAY below zero)--you don't even want to think about it . . . Really nice town, just really darned cold.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:44 PM

274 posts, read 625,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticky909 View Post
thanks for that website haha.....according to it gunnison has 262 days a year where the temp drops below 32F. Wolf creek pass i think gets ~300 in. a year of snow, move there
If I could find a good I.T. Networking job in Wolf Creek I would!! I have searched and searched for jobs there but there really isn't anything.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Want_Snow View Post
If I could find a good I.T. Networking job in Wolf Creek I would!! I have searched and searched for jobs there but there really isn't anything.
If you really "want snow," there are a litany of places in upstate New York and the Northeast that get far more snow in a typical winter than do most of the places in Colorado (outside of a few ski towns) where people actually live. Or, you could move to the mountainous areas of the Cascades or Sierras and enjoy annual snow totals greater than anything Colorado could offer. Fact is, outside of the high mountain areas, Colorado is arid, and far enough south that snow doesn't stay around. You may find that some of the "weather stations" in Colorado that regularly report very high snow totals are either at ski areas or may even be unmanned Snotel stations out in the middle of nowhere in the mountains--if you bother reading the metadata that describes such stations.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:38 PM

532 posts, read 1,563,305 times
In the world Thompson Pass, AK gets the most snow, but I doubt you could live there. In terms of getting snow with places that have a population, lake effect snow in the northeast. If your a rugged man, you could consider Labrador in canada, but then again you said IT work haha. In most places with population and snow, either the NE or NW, you'll be dealing with alot of rain the rest of the year as well. I can see how CO could be a compromise, but not in terms of work. Consider maybe northern Idaho?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado