Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 7,442 times

Advertisements

After being away for 25 yrs. (Graduated Montrose High early 80's), possibly returning to Rifle area SOON!!!! Husband is there trying it now! Yes, oil & gas industry, Truck driver, one of your good ole boy drivers, wants a decent wage for a decent days work, wants to run legal hours, stay safe, work for a good comapny that treats him right, and live in a good area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,767 times
My husband is now also relocating for work for the exact same reasons your husband did and I was just wondering how your move and relocation went. We are hoping to be there by June if our property in TX sells. Any help you could send my way would be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:50 PM

11 posts, read 88,599 times
You're about a year too late. When it appeared that Obama might win all the energy companies here had a hiring freeze. Then after the election they began layoffs. With the recent news from Salazar regarding pulling the oilfield permits everything is over. The boom is over, but the town is over too. It's unfortunate that something as simple as an election can change things so much and ruin so many lives.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 PM

541 posts, read 1,224,379 times
Quote:
With the recent news from Salazar regarding pulling the oilfield permits everything is over
What inspired that nonsense?

EDIT: Just found it. The enviro-wackos are at it again.

"The group also believes it's not too late to halt drilling on the public lands of the Roan, even though companies have already paid $114 million of winning bids to lease Roan parcels."

114-million smackers and a lot of promises down the drain.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:39 AM

1,663 posts, read 4,362,313 times
It's demand destruction, too. With prices low (relatively speaking) there is no real incentive for a company to 'drill, baby, drill' for oil & gas, since it cuts into their margin. Some guys I hunt geese with were saying that a lot of gas rigs out in Eastern CO are shutting down operations, some temporary, some for good.

I'd wager that demand will remain low until the economy turns around and people start spending money again, or that perhaps there is a price shock coming in the next year or so, regardless of what the economy does, that will stir things up all over again.

Just my layperson's point of view...we all know there are Pigmen behind the scenes fiddling with oil & natural gas futures, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: