Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 06:16 PM

6 posts, read 33,426 times

Advertisements

I was looking online and found some houses in Bailey I liked a lot. I would like to find some other communities near Denver that are similar, but I don't know where to look. Our price limit is $250k, and the main reason we liked Bailey was because it was so beautiful...I'd be interested in anything that looked like similar. Also looking for a place with nice schools, not too long of a commute to Denver, and safe of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 06:27 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,324,847 times
You want to commute from Bailey to Denver?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:32 PM

6 posts, read 33,426 times
Ha, see I don't know where anything is. Anything an hour or less away is fine, anything farther than that better have some good job opportunities. I just really like the way Bailey looked

Old 09-20-2008, 08:27 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,209,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow2can View Post
Ha, see I don't know where anything is. Anything an hour or less away is fine, anything farther than that better have some good job opportunities. I just really like the way Bailey looked
The first thing I would suggest you do is look at a map. Also use mapquest or google to find out the driving distance from place to place. You will get lots of different answers to the same question here, e.g. "How long does it take to drive to Denver from Bailey?" It depends on your driving style, it depends on just where your start and end points are, etc.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:46 AM

403 posts, read 1,320,881 times
I live in Bailey, and many people commute from here to Denver. With no traffic, it would take just about an hour to get to downtown Denver from my house. It's about 45 minutes to get to C-470, which is approximately where Littleton begins. There will be a few days during the winter that you will wish you had never chosen Bailey (285 can get really backed up with a heavy snow), but for the most part it's not so bad. We have a local forum up in the mountains that is a wonderful resource for everything, but it is especially helpful for weather and traffic conditions when you're working down the hill. I'll send you a message with the link.

Bailey is beautiful and much less expensive than some of the surrounding towns. You could also look at Pine, but I think that's a bit more expensive than Bailey. But, you never know what kind of bargains you'll find in this economy! Just one more thing, parts of Pine and all of Bailey are in Park County, which is much cheaper than living in Jefferson County. There are is no emissions testing in Park County either, if that matters to you. Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado