U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2007, 11:12 AM

83 posts, read 325,615 times

Advertisements

Looking at Rocky Ford houses, very nice houses - cheap prices. Anyone out there tell me anything about the town and the people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2007, 01:29 PM

431 posts, read 2,501,252 times
Very small farming town on the eastern plains, (not to far to Pueblo.) Rocky Ford cantaloupes are the best. Good people, typical farm and small town people. Friendly, helpful etc. If you don't like this type of life where everyone knows everyone and everyone's business. Then don't move to a small farming town. Rocky Ford is one of the areas that have gotten hit so hard this winter. This maybe a generalization on my experience just visiting. I am not a lover of the plains but I am a lover of these small towns and the people on farms and ranches around them.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,065 times
Smile Wonderful place to live

I have lived here for a little over a year and I really enjoy it. Rocky Ford is a small town but along with the small town you get the good people. I own my own business and I have yet to have words with a customer. People here are really laid back.

The housing is very inexpensive, thats why I moved here!

Old 02-17-2007, 10:15 PM

673 posts, read 3,693,193 times
I wouldnt mind living there for the Cantolopes only!

Old 02-24-2007, 01:10 AM

760 posts, read 2,120,081 times
What can you tell me about jobs in the area. Wife's grandmother and a couple other elderly relatives live in the Ordway/Rocky Ford area but are out of the loop so to speak. Really any kind of job will work as long as one of us can work full time (the other will stay home with the kids). Even commuting to Pueblo or La Junta. We live frugally so don't expect a *good* paying job. Thank you in advance

Our other option is moving to Colorado Springs and travelling to see her family but she REALLY wants to move to Ordway/Rocky Ford if at all possible.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:20 AM

20 posts, read 63,267 times
If you really don't care about the type of job, you shouldnt have a problem, La Junta being just ten minutes away will have a fair number of jobs just not any dream jobs or suit-and-tie type jobs. The cost of living is cheap enough to where you will be able to get by with one of them especially since you said you live frugally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado