U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2008, 11:40 PM

157 posts, read 578,964 times

Advertisements

I posted this in the Springs subforum but it was suggested that I should post this here instead so I hope that just linking it is appropriate...

Contractors in Pueblo/Pueblo West
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 12:36 AM

13,711 posts, read 21,527,400 times
Now that you're in the right subforum for this, hopefully you'll get some info you need. I think we have to be careful with the terms of service here when answering you.

Direct advertising and stuff can't be done here, but I believe we can DM you with specific info, as I had done. Hopefully some others from the Pueblo/Pueblo West area can help you out.

I know there are a number of individuals in the area that do remodelling and that avenue MAY be more economical than going with a builder as I had suggested. I honestly don't know.

It's too bad you can't find some recently foreclosed new home or a spec home that's been sitting for a bit that already has everything you want, including a finished basement for the most economical price. There are so many nice but empty homes around here.

For example, somebody build a new home near us and went all out on the trim and the landscaping and the house had a nice stucco wall built around it painted the same color as the stucco home and they had a large overhang over the porch on the back of the home... trees lining the perimeter of the property and they were set up to put in a little bit of lawn. Then... you could see the yard start to go downhill. The man of the house divorced the woman and left her there by herself. Months later, she had trouble keeping the mortgage up and she eventually had to let it go into foreclosure. Before long, weeds everywhere. I saw people come check it out, to no avail. Just recently, people came along and mowed everything down and restored the landscape to better than it once was and they seem to be living in it now. I'm sure a lot of the problems with the foreclosure were cosmetic neglect. But I bet they got a good deal on an otherwise nice home.

I'm gonna push these existing homes as much as I can because I see too many empty homes around still.

My two cents.

Add: I found your other post relating to this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsgirl View Post
I may just try reposting my other question in the general forum then. Thank you!

We're not actually building in P.W. We're looking at existing new builds. We found a gorgeous new home that was a custom for another family, contingent upon them selling their home...well, you can guess what happened. The home and the work is exceptional w/out a doubt....but I know better when he wants to tell me it's going to cost nearly $65,000 for a basement when we're not asking for anything special...just wall off several areas and string a few cords, and a wet bar (which the plumbing is already in place for b/c the last buyers asked for it). So, until he decides to come down on his price some, we're not interested in buying, because obviously they aren't all that interested in selling. I'm sure there are quiet a few builders in the area who would gladly work with someone who is ready to buy w/out the worry of selling a current home.
Ahhh. Well I agree with you, but I don't know for sure in today's market and for the size and model of that home.

I've got a home that's not one of the bigger homes out here for sure, but they didn't get some things we wanted done when it was built. So we negotiated to get more of the basement finished. I wanted them to give me something in return for not doing a cantilever (sp??) on part of the house and not doing the 9' basement ceiling... some pretty serious stuff. So I told the builder I wanted the main room, bathroom and my big bedroom and walk-in closet in the basement finished. He told me two rooms, and that wouldn't include the big bedroom OR the bathroom. We decided to do the whole basement where I'd eat half and he'd eat half. The whole 1100 sq ft finished part of the basement ( not finished under the stairs and where the furnace is, but it's doored off) would cost 16k from this builder at the time we had it build several years ago. But this guy is one of the most economical builders in the area and wins many awards at the Parade of Homes for his work. Like I say, he's not known for building the biggest homes out here, but his homes make maximum use of a smaller space. He told me central air for our home should cost $1600.00, but he'd do it for $800.00. I love central air out here.

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-14-2008 at 12:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or