Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 08:39 AM

156 posts, read 717,653 times

Advertisements

and drive to/from the Lincoln/I-25 light rail station, how long does it take you? What about in bad weather? When we were there this weekend, we timed it at around 11 minutes to go from the station to the Meadows exit in Castle Rock, but that was past rush hour. Also, is there an alternate route to get to/from the train station, perhaps via 85?

TIA for any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 09:11 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,972,842 times
Starting in February, you will likely be charged $4.00 per day to park in Lincoln, since CR voted itself out of RTD and so is not a member of the RTD district.

RTD to begin charging for parking at Park-n-Ride lots : Local News : The Rocky Mountain News

The plus is that this should ease crowding in the PnR considerably. The minus is that Castle Rock commuters will be essentially left without transit service at all (except FREX), but this is a something that they did to themselves. If you do choose Castle Rock anyway you might consider FREX.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:56 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,344,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfox View Post
Starting in February, you will likely be charged $4.00 per day to park in Lincoln, since CR voted itself out of RTD and so is not a member of the RTD district.

RTD to begin charging for parking at Park-n-Ride lots : Local News : The Rocky Mountain News

The plus is that this should ease crowding in the PnR considerably. The minus is that Castle Rock commuters will be essentially left without transit service at all (except FREX), but this is a something that they did to themselves. If you do choose Castle Rock anyway you might consider FREX.
Wow! I did not know that. I may have been out of town for that story. How will they validate that someone is in CR vs. another place?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:15 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,423,134 times
drivers license. registration of license plates?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoWeb View Post
Wow! I did not know that. I may have been out of town for that story. How will they validate that someone is in CR vs. another place?
License plate scans. They will scan your license plates with a camera, and query the registration database to lookup registration location.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:44 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,344,736 times
I see. Thanks. So if someone moved from CR to Denver they may have some issues.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoWeb View Post
I see. Thanks. So if someone moved from CR to Denver they may have some issues.
They might, but you're really supposed to update your registration upon moving anyway -- although practically no one does until their registration comes due. Once you update your registration you shouldn't have any problems.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:54 AM

260 posts, read 1,438,381 times
To be honest, CR never got ANYTHING from RTD in terms of service, so why half the town was paying RTD taxes was absurd anyways.

I rode the mineral to downtown lightrail for over 5 years and even rode the bus from highlands ranch to downtown for several years.

But it makes no sense to ride the lightrail from lincoln to downtown, as I can regularly drive it from Castle Rock in 35-40 minutes each morning.

If I take the lightrail, I pay $4 to park, then around $8 roundtrip for a fare for one. Then it takes 15 minutes to the PNR, then 10 minutes waiting for a train, then 10 minutes to leave, then a 38 minute trip on the train to downtown. It makes no sense to spend all the $$ and have it take over twice as long to get there.

So RTD, in its infinate stupidity is going to further reduce ridership and revenues by charging people to park at their PNR's. This will kill them, mark my words. It was already a bad deal to ride from Lincoln, now it makes no sense at all.

CR was SMART to get rid of the unfair RTD tax for getting nothing from it.
THe FREX service from CR to downtown is a lot cheaper, a lot faster and a lot better (they are actually FRIENDLY!, unlike RTD) ... and you get fee internet on the big comfortable bus ... on no stops between CR and downtown if you catch the right ones (that skip the Arapahoe PNR).

Ride FREX instead ... way better and about the same price as just parking as stupid ol' RTD.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:58 AM

6,782 posts, read 9,337,164 times
a few people at my office (downtown denver) use FREX and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:07 PM

260 posts, read 1,438,381 times
I agree. They are actually friendly and courteous. RTD is the opposite. When you get off a FREX bus, they tell you to have a great day and act like they really appreciated you riding today. And the internet access on the bus works great ... and the buses are extremely comfy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado