Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:47 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,777,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
What are the plus and minuses of Texans vs. Californians moving into Colorado?
If I had to choose between the two, I'd say....neither.

I'd prefer to take their Mexicans instead of the actual Californians and Texans.

The Mexicans don't drive up housing costs, develop land, or compete for the good jobs. They don't whine if you aren't politically correct, wear a fur coat, or like to have a gun in the house. They don't push a vegetarian lifestyle down your throat, or look down their nose if you drink beer instead of wine.

They bring their own set of problems just like any underclass does, but I'd rather see a lower class move in to pursue the American dream than an entitlement minded middle class intent on destroying it.

My 2¢ for the day.....

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 11-08-2008 at 01:57 PM..

Old 11-08-2008, 06:34 PM

39 posts, read 124,462 times
Thumbs down Overpriced opinion

SterlingGirl......In my opinion you have severely over-valued your opinion on this. That is the dumbest thing I have read on this board in awhile.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:26 AM

197 posts, read 795,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
C'mon now, this is fun!
"Happiness is a Texan Headed South, with a Californian Under Each Arm" (popular bumper sticker in the 90's)

Honestly, the term "Things are bigger in Texas" - doesn't apply to me. I don't think my arms are big enough to hold 2 Califonians.
(big-headed, egotistically speaking, lol)

At any rate - Sockeye you get a rep for making me laugh.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:36 AM

197 posts, read 795,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post

I'd prefer to take their Mexicans instead of the actual Californians and Texans.

The Mexicans don't drive up housing costs, develop land, or compete for the good jobs. They don't whine if you aren't politically correct, wear a fur coat, or like to have a gun in the house. They don't push a vegetarian lifestyle down your throat, or look down their nose if you drink beer instead of wine.

They bring their own set of problems just like any underclass does, but I'd rather see a lower class move in to pursue the American dream than an entitlement minded middle class intent on destroying it.

My 2¢ for the day.....
Someone needs to wake up from napping at her desk. Too bad we can't take reps away! That is the most ignorant post I have ever read on this board.

Your 2 cents aren't worth diddly squat with the economy right now.

Trade places with me, if that is how you feel. Come down here to Texas and see how the "lower class" has trashed this state.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:57 PM

336 posts, read 696,986 times
Quote:

My 2¢ for the day.....
Another case of hoof and mouth disease....

Old 11-09-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
What are the plus and minuses of Texans vs. Californians moving into Colorado?

Just another *argue about something stupid* thread....I have to
wonder what sort of people would actually get so ruffled over the
fact that someone is from another state....how to you ever learn
anything??? Interacting with people from all places and cultures
is fascinating....learning how others do things and speak and live
is what makes meeting new people so great...get out of your
comfort zone people...there's a whole world out there that you
are obviously not a part of....

Just a note...this is directed at those who seem to think that
there are locks on the state lines and if you weren't born in that
state...you aren't allowed a key...

Old 11-11-2008, 03:31 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,506,757 times
Yes stereotyping is for small minds. I don't like George W Bush but many Texans are friendly helpful people. Ive lived in California also - many nice people there. This doesn't mean Mexicans are bad, because I like them too.

People are people and hope Sterling girl learned something from these responses.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:13 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,777,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
People are people and hope Sterling girl learned something from these responses.
I learned that the Texans on the board will launch personal attacks instead of addressing the points mentioned in my post.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:

My 2¢ for the day.....

Addressing your point?? As if there is one here...let's see...what was your point?? Hispanics don't drive up housing cost...why? do they
only rent... (no) develop land...meaning?? they never build homes
(wrong again) or compete for good jobs...lets see...this means what?
that you think they all stand on corners waiting to hop on the back
of a pickup (what twilight zone are you living in?)

As for this paragraph below...I will just reprint it...it was silly enough
to be self explanatory...

"They bring their own set of problems just like any underclass does, but I'd rather see a lower class move in to pursue the American dream than an entitlement minded middle class intent on destroying it."

So I wasn't attacking you dear...just pointing out an obvious ailment
you seem to have...

Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 PM

5,161 posts, read 11,417,849 times
Unfortunately it seems that we can not stop the personal attacks on this thread....I don't like to close threads, but it seems this one has "run its course"...

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado