U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-06-2008, 04:55 PM

336 posts, read 464,270 times

Advertisements

My soon to be son in law had to work...so our roadtrip has been postponed... I watch the weather pretty closely there in
Colorado...and I'm not quite sure we can drive there once it gets
more *wintery* haha... was thinking about putting a poem on
the back window when we make the ride....

Sorry, we're slow
Our first drive in the snow
We'll be okay
Have a nice day

Think that will work or will they still be mad that I do not know
how to drive in that sort of weather??? haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 10:23 PM

432 posts, read 1,382,589 times
That's funny Terri, I think people will get a good laugh out of that and it might distract them from yelling at you.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:23 AM

194 posts, read 489,480 times
Terry

So sorry you won't be able to make it to Colorado.

IIRC you are somewhere close to me here in H-Town, Texas. If there is something you need from the area, please let me know.
I am on the southside near Ellington. You can always shoot me a private message.

We are leaving around the 22nd of Dec. and I usually stay around the Pueblo West area. I always end up driving all over the place. (Mainly Canon City/Pueblo/CoS).

I't is a challenge to drive in unfamiliar areas, the traffic lights alone, are like art sculptures VS. how they look here in Texas. LOL

Snow is going to be a challenge for me too this time. I have driven in snow flurries in several states (CO,NE,KS,OK), and had an absolute death grip on the steering wheel. I was also driving a Jeep Liberty at the time - and IMO, was unsafe in any weather.

Trying to read as much as I can before heading up next month - both online, and in my trucks' 4x4 manual. (although I doubt the 4x4 is going to help me much with traction - mud, yes...snow...no.

I might have to borrow "your poem". LOL

Old 11-08-2008, 09:09 PM

432 posts, read 1,382,589 times
Cherry Magic-Just a heads up, you don't really want to drive down the highway with your four wheel drive on. This can cause you to spin out faster than driving in 2 wheel drive if you are driving on ice. It is the way the tires rotate that throws you out of wack. Just take your time and you should be fine. Even I get a little scared of the other people driving fast on the icy roads. It is them you have to watch out for.

Old 11-09-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryMagic View Post
Terry

So sorry you won't be able to make it to Colorado.

IIRC you are somewhere close to me here in H-Town, Texas. If there is something you need from the area, please let me know.
I am on the southside near Ellington. You can always shoot me a private message.

We are leaving around the 22nd of Dec. and I usually stay around the Pueblo West area. I always end up driving all over the place. (Mainly Canon City/Pueblo/CoS).

I't is a challenge to drive in unfamiliar areas, the traffic lights alone, are like art sculptures VS. how they look here in Texas. LOL

Snow is going to be a challenge for me too this time. I have driven in snow flurries in several states (CO,NE,KS,OK), and had an absolute death grip on the steering wheel. I was also driving a Jeep Liberty at the time - and IMO, was unsafe in any weather.

Trying to read as much as I can before heading up next month - both online, and in my trucks' 4x4 manual. (although I doubt the 4x4 is going to help me much with traction - mud, yes...snow...no.

I might have to borrow "your poem". LOL

Cherry...please *do* try out my poem to see if it works...haha
I'm sure you are going to have a beautiful time there for Christmas...
I envy you... Be safe and let me know how it was driving in the
snow... y'all have fun!!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Emmerling View Post
That's funny Terri, I think people will get a good laugh out of that and it might distract them from yelling at you.
Haha...that's what I was thinking...or shooting me the finger...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado