U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-10-2006, 12:49 PM

9 posts, read 34,117 times
Default Road Trip

So I have been thinking about moving to CO Springs from San Diego, CA. I知 going to take a road trip the first week in July. I知 going to go through Vegas (turning 21 this month ) then to Salt Lake City and pick up another friend then head to Colorado. I知 going to check out Grand Junction, Denver and CO Springs.
Is there anywhere else I should check out, and where are a few tourist traps?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2006, 04:22 PM

1,089 posts, read 4,443,547 times
I don't know why I am recommending this but my favorite tourist trap in Denver is Casa Bonita. It is a terrible mexican restaurant with really awesome entertainment. It's more for kids but it is still a lot of fun for adults. Probably the worst mexican food you will ever have and the most fun you will have in a mexican restaurant.

In the springs my favorite spot is Garden of the Gods. Just some beautiful rock formations.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:56 AM

650 posts, read 2,047,892 times
LOL! Had to laugh about Casa Bonita in Denver. I have lived here all of my life and still find myself taking my kids up there every year. The food has gotten a little better over the years. Colorado Springs has so many things to visit. Garden of the Gods is gorgeous. You can also go to Seven Falls, Helen Hunt Falls, Cave of the Winds, Manitou, Woodland Park. Too much fun. IF you need directions or anything let me know, I live here and can give them to you! Anymore questions, feel free! BASHEP

Old 06-11-2006, 02:09 PM

688 posts, read 1,749,472 times
Our family will be renting a cabin south of C.S. this summer with a plethora
of things the kids want to do. What I was wondering , is Pueblo a place we should consider looking in to? I hear Denver is a sports town, could the same
be said of the springs area? Just curious about the far right I hear about-
are we talking about closed minded or family minded, live and let live or
controlling ? At any rate, really looking forward to this trip!

dan

Old 06-11-2006, 04:37 PM

Dan - Denver is probably more of a sports town then Colorado Springs. Colorado Springs is a mix. Talking about the far right... Everybody that I have run into is family oriented and have the perspective of live and let live. I don't think you would have anything to worry about with that, living in the springs. There is plenty of a mix with that too. Pueblo is a nice area, there is an area in the northern part that is nice. I guess you probably just need to get out there and start looking around. Are your needing info about schools? Where will your job be located? What kinda commute do you want?

Old 06-11-2006, 06:45 PM

Bashep (can I call you shep for short ?) vacation first with a side of scouting.
The jury is still out on working. My father and I may split our shop (plastics)
or I may rejoin the workforce. We will both leaving north county in the future,
my parents to St. George ( not our cup of tea ) me, my wife and kids.....
I call this trip phase two of the process (actual contact). If we feel good
afterwords than we'll get more serious. Thank you and mike and x-man and
others (sperlings has also been helpful) for your insights !

can't wait till holiday
dan

afterthought : any suggestions on good carry-out Chinese

Old 06-11-2006, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,763 times
Default Road Trip

Hey Enigma - Good luck on your road trip. I'm road tripping across the country ok actually I'm relocating to Grand Junction, CO from Ashland, KY the first weekend in July. I've been told it's the place to relocate to if you love the outdoors and the adventures that it offers! So needless to say that's right up my alley.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:56 PM

Dan- Yes you can call me Shep for short, alot do. Sounds like you guys have a great summer ahead of you! What fun! You also have some big decisions to make aswell. I look forward to hearing about what you think! Keep us posted. You leave in a couple weeks, right? What does your family like to do for recreation? Shep

Old 06-12-2006, 06:17 AM

Will do shep, and thanks again.
Our family enjoys camping, baseball and shopping.
(not hard to match this up with husband, wife and kids)
well two out of three ain't bad

dan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado