U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:00 PM

84,989 posts, read 98,847,978 times

Advertisements

A neighbor of mine went to CMC Leadville. Mind you, he is a resident of Louisville and he couldn't stand the cold. I don't think Leadville is the coldest place in America, but it gets cold and stays cold for a long time. There is a joke up there that goes Q: "How long does winter last in Leadville?" A: "I don't know, I've only been there 18 months."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 09:47 PM
CTC

661 posts, read 1,154,754 times
Default CMC Leadville Rocks

CMC Leadville has some very good programs. I went back to school there in 2003 for an Associates Deg in Natural Resource Management (already had 4 year deg in biology)

I started working on the local California Gulch Superfund Site as a student (making good money), and have had little trouble finding working in my field since.

Leadville/CMC is great-check out the new Historical Preservation Program..they have a "living lab" of old buildings which the students get to help with preserving

Sure it is cold (but the sun shines often, summers are ideal) Mountain Living isn't for every one-but I loved my time there...Leadville is awesome with some great people,history and heart.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:17 PM

1,331 posts, read 4,416,032 times
I am a complete dork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or