U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 07:14 AM

393 posts, read 1,713,522 times

Advertisements

Hi folks.........help me find my utopia? What is your favorite city in CO, and tell me all the reasons why u think so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2006, 10:51 AM

649 posts, read 2,649,852 times
Default Colorado Springs

Well, I love Colorado Springs/ Monument area. I love that you can enjoy city life w/ the country life. We can take our kids on a long bike ride w/ a picnic or go hiking.. all with in 10 minutes of our house. We can go skiing, we can go camping. We get to wake up every morning and look at Pikes Peak, what a beautiful sight! BASHEP

Old 06-12-2006, 01:24 AM

827 posts, read 4,542,954 times
Default Durango

I love Durango even though I don't live there but visit every chance I get is because I love rock climbing, it's a rock climbing mecca. I love mountain biking, a lot of pro bikers come there to train and many live there too. I love the skiing in the winter and the rafting in the summer. I love all the hiking trails. I love the bustling downtown with many pedestrians and bikers mingling and shopping. I love the open attitudes and laid back lifestyle. I love the stars twinkling by the billions up in the mountains at night and the animal lovers who loves their pets. The great health food grocery stores and the skate boaders skating in the skate park. The hot soaking from the hot springs and all the parks with large trees and the river that meanders through the city with the bridges and foot bridges crossing over it. I love all the beautiful flowers and roses that flood the city. I love the different climates and regions in minutes. From high mountains with all the thick forested trees to the dry desert all within a few minutes. I love the mild weather with cool summers and cool winters. Not harsh in both. I love all the sunshine. I love Durango.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:07 PM

6 posts, read 26,469 times
I Love Longmont! It's still small enough that traffic isn't an issue, but it's grown enough in the last ten years that we now have a Home Depot and Johnny Carino's...woohooo! There's still lot's of small mom&pop shoppes even though the Super Walmart just opened.

The downtown area has the old historic homes like in downtown Denver and Boulder that are so unique to the old Western cities. The St. Vrain river goes right through town with a bike path all along it. Estes Park and Downtown Denver are only 45 minutes away.

It's a little bit of city living combined with historic rural Colorado.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:01 PM

11 posts, read 63,287 times
Evergreen,, mountain town close to a major city(denver) and closer to skiing, clean air and wildlife.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:01 PM

13,654 posts, read 21,503,411 times
Chivington, Colorado.

Really nice people out there.

Both of them are extremely nice!

You're far enough away from the mountains that you can actually see them! Well, not really. But you're getting close! There's pretty good fishing in that area.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:22 PM

20,310 posts, read 37,810,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin texas View Post
Help! Need to know best town or city in U.S. that: 1. Never gets above 78 degrees in dead of summer; 2. Is near to good airport, hospital, grocery & modern conveniences; and 3. Has affordable condos or townhouses. 4. No brutal winters. So far my BEST BET is Bellingham, Washington. Looking to buy in 1-2 years. Please help. Thanks.
Does NOT exist in Colorado. Enjoy Bellingham, I hear it's great there. s/mike

Old 12-09-2006, 02:00 PM

615 posts, read 2,722,657 times
I wouldn't call winters here "brutal" at all, but coming from Austin, your defintion of that word may be different from mine. If you want a place that doesn't get above 78, maybe somewhere in the mountains, but then you will get LOTS more snow than the Denver Metro area or anywhere else on the front range.

I agree with Mike. You will not find such a place in Colorado. I wonder even if you will find such a place in the US.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:08 AM

45 posts, read 307,875 times
I like Woodland Park. It's a small town, but close enough to the "conveniences" when you need them.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:49 AM

1,312 posts, read 6,744,042 times
I have lived in Colorado Springs most of my life. I have live in Grand Junction and I have lived in Denver. Been a part-time resident of Blue River and Breckenridge (family had property in those two places and used to go up there all the time).

I have to say, seriously, my favorite place was Grand Junction.

With that said, I am planning on moving to Cañon City in the next year or so as it kind of reminds me of Grand Junction but it's closer to my father who is getting up there in years. Sigh.

I used to sell windows and doors and the only places I have never been in my travels was the uppermost northwestern side and I can't say a bad thing about anyplace in CO. East of here (C Springs, Ft. Collins and Denver) is kind of blah because it's the beginning of the Great Plains and I don't like completely flat and boring scenery. If I wanted that, I would live in Kansas and I wouldn't live there.

Most any community in CO is pretty good it really depends on your needs as to what would make sense for you.

If you need culture and nightlife, Denver is your best bet. C Springs is not far behind in that regard. But most any community in CO is a good place and I am not just saying that. I have considered a move to Green River Utah but for the lack of being close to my family, not going to happen.

It's all about your attitude, your need for various things and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or