U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2007, 06:13 AM

3 posts, read 10,543 times

Advertisements

Hi there. My family and I have a chance to relocate to Cedaredge. Right now we live in Westminster. We have been looking for many years for the right place to raise our 2 children, 8 and 6. I am a teacher and I know the schools in Cedaredge are very good. My husband is a builder and and electrical contractor. Will there be jobs available for him? I am the most interested in the quality of life in the town of Cedaredge. Are there organized sports for my children(either here or in Delta)? What about driving to grocery shop or shopping in general? I think there is a Walmart in Delta... what other businesses are close by? We are very active outdoors. We hunt, bike, ski, snowshoe, hike... Will there be places for us to do all of these things? I am an avid runner- 7 miles a day with my dog. Will there be an area I can continue doing this?
I am very scared for my children growing up in a big city. We want to get away from the crime, pollution, traffic, noise... Is Cedaredge the place for us? Will my children be able to have a fulfilling life? I know this is rambling, but this would be a HUGE change for us. Please give me any information about Cedaredge. THANK YOU!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 07:45 AM

129 posts, read 1,102,599 times
I don't live in Cedaredge, but I can tell you a few things about Delta, which will probably be your primary "big town" to head to for a lot of things.

Delta does have a Wal-Mart, plus at least 2 other supermarkets, including City Market (sister chain to King Soopers). It has a very nice, rather new Recreation Center at Confluence Park (small lake next to the rivers).

For outdoor recreation, Cedaredge is a wonderful location. There are great groomed and natural trails for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing up on Grand Mesa. Take the highway up and over the Mesa to downhill ski at Powderhorn. During the warmer months, the Mesa is also a great destination for hiking and boating -- it has hundreds of natural and man-made lakes, and an abundance of hiking trails and campgrounds. There is also a lake close to Cedaredge that is great for birdwatching, hiking/running, etc. Colorado National Monument isn't all that far away, and it offers even more hiking opportunities with radically different terrain and scenery.

If you want a small town, I think Cedaredge will be a good choice for you.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:00 AM

3 posts, read 10,543 times
Thank you winglady! I appreciate all of your detailed information. I was wondering if you, or anyone else, can give me some insight on the employment opportunities. I am an elementary school teacher and my husband has residential general contracting experience and is also a licensed master electrician. Thanks for your time and thoughts!

Old 03-05-2007, 10:43 AM

9 posts, read 35,439 times
Cedaredge is a great town. I live about 20 minutes from there. We drive through on the way to ski and sled. They have a great little grocery store, as mountain town groceries go, it's nice and not too over-priced. Good coffee shop, antique stores, and an apple festival. Really nice people live there. It is becoming a retirement, and second home town. Lot's of construction jobs on the Western Slope. Lots of new build homes in Cedaredge. Lots of potential, plus your 45 minutes to a ski resort, 20 minutes to hiking, camping, fishing, sledding, snowshoeing, cross- country, and cooler weather in the summer. Your 20 minutes the other way to Delta, Wal-Mart and one hour to Grand Junction. (Target) The schools are great and growing it should be easyto find a job for you and your husband. [mod cut]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-05-2007 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Advertising not allowed in the forums. Send a PM.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:26 AM

20 posts, read 84,351 times
Greetings!

My husband and I bought property in Cedaredge last year. Unfortunately, we don't live there yet but after a lot of research, it was just what we are looking for to get out of the city (Indianapolis) and go where it's beautiful, peaceful and well....our piece of paradise and Cedaredge is it for us. We can't wait to move there and are visiting again in May.

[mod cut] It will be up to 5 years before we can move there but we will be looking for work ourselves. It is a retirement area and I'm thinking Delta is where the work would be if there is any. I'm hoping to start my own business somehow but I'll be looking for work more than a career.

The town truly is wonderful, the people warm and friendly and with the Grand Mesa so close, it's perfect for your activities and family (in my opinion). I also know that when we were there for the 4th of July last year the kids in Delta were polite, respectful and overall amazing and unlike any of the kids around here unfortunately. Of course that doesn't mean they are all angels but it's a far cry from the disrespectful, spoiled and rude kids I'm use to. It was something that stood out for us as the young people were selling snacks and things to raise money for the school at the park before the fireworks and they didn't curse or fight or get loud and there were a bunch of them too, not one or two. That was very impressive.

There are small stores to get immediate needs and some great little places to eat out in Cedaredge but Delta would be your main stocking and buying area I think. I we were fine with what is available in town and know we will have to go 20 minutes for major shopping or movies and things. We will enjoy the solitude.

I wish you nothing but the best. Maybe we'll meet there someday! Do let me know if you need a Realtor. I know the best!

Take care.
Reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg25 View Post
Hi there. My family and I have a chance to relocate to Cedaredge. Right now we live in Westminster. We have been looking for many years for the right place to raise our 2 children, 8 and 6. I am a teacher and I know the schools in Cedaredge are very good. My husband is a builder and and electrical contractor. Will there be jobs available for him? I am the most interested in the quality of life in the town of Cedaredge. Are there organized sports for my children(either here or in Delta)? What about driving to grocery shop or shopping in general? I think there is a Walmart in Delta... what other businesses are close by? We are very active outdoors. We hunt, bike, ski, snowshoe, hike... Will there be places for us to do all of these things? I am an avid runner- 7 miles a day with my dog. Will there be an area I can continue doing this?
I am very scared for my children growing up in a big city. We want to get away from the crime, pollution, traffic, noise... Is Cedaredge the place for us? Will my children be able to have a fulfilling life? I know this is rambling, but this would be a HUGE change for us. Please give me any information about Cedaredge. THANK YOU!!!!!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-08-2007 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: No advertising or drumming up business for realtors.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,066 times
Relocation to Cedaredge? Hubby and I found a steal there and look forward to a permanent re-lo in a few years. Met some very neighborly folks while working restoration of the property. Hubby's roots are there from mid 1800's. All of our grandchildren are in the area and we love watching their many activities for public and home school venues, as well as local rec districts. Seems like a great place to raise a family! Love the serenity and would like to connect with our future neighbors:-)

Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 AM

10,543 posts, read 11,637,607 times
A SIX year old post????

Old 01-27-2013, 11:55 AM

20,308 posts, read 37,804,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
A SIX year old post????
By all means this is what we want, i.e., to concentrate info on Cedaredge (and all the other small towns) into as few threads as possible as this provides threads that are rich with info. Sometimes if a topic has a very finite and narrow range we'll keep it separate but in most cases we strive for threads that are robust.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado