Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2010, 07:51 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times

Advertisements

This was in today's Chieftain and I found it interesting but not surprising as people seem to really like living in Pueblo and that is why we have stayed.

Quality of Life — 61 percent thought the quality of life in Pueblo either was excellent or good; 56 percent said it was a good place to retire; and 54 percent were satisfied with the quality of city services provided (only 13 percent were dissatisfied).

This part was funny because there has not been much growth unless that is what they mean as most of the people I talk to say Pueblo has not grown enough.

On the down side, 33 percent gave the city low marks for managing growth.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/article_125...cc4c03286.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 09:53 AM

299 posts, read 903,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
This was in today's Chieftain and I found it interesting but not surprising as people seem to really like living in Pueblo and that is why we have stayed.

Quality of Life61 percent thought the quality of life in Pueblo either was excellent or good; 56 percent said it was a good place to retire; and 54 percent were satisfied with the quality of city services provided (only 13 percent were dissatisfied).

This part was funny because there has not been much growth unless that is what they mean as most of the people I talk to say Pueblo has not grown enough.

On the down side, 33 percent gave the city low marks for managing growth.

The link: http://www.chieftain.com/article_125...cc4c03286.html
Quote from the article:

Those are just some of the results from a recent survey of more than 430 city residents that Pueblo City Council authorized earlier this year to measure public opinion on local government and the city in general.

They surveyed about .0043% of the people in the city, and I'm sure they were very selective about what parts of town they sent the survey to. I got one at my house (on the east side), and yes I did fill it out and say how my family and I are dissatisfied with the overall quality of life, dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the city, dissatisfied with employment opportunities, and dissatisfied with the quality of safety provided by our police department.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyanks57 View Post
Quote from the article:

Those are just some of the results from a recent survey of more than 430 city residents that Pueblo City Council authorized earlier this year to measure public opinion on local government and the city in general.

They surveyed about .0043% of the people in the city, and I'm sure they were very selective about what parts of town they sent the survey to. I got one at my house (on the east side), and yes I did fill it out and say how my family and I are dissatisfied with the overall quality of life, dissatisfied with the cleanliness of the city, dissatisfied with employment opportunities, and dissatisfied with the quality of safety provided by our police department.
The city council just authorized the study but it was done by the ETC Institute of Olathe, Kansas. There is no reason to think the city council did this for any reason except to find out what the residents really think of Pueblo. Now if you have direct proof that they intentionally hand picked data to make a false report I would like to see the source. In fact by your own admission you got the survey and filled it out when I did not and I live on the south side. So it appears to be on the up and up.

I want to add I agree with you on one point. Pueblo's biggest issue has been and remains employment opportunities. That is why I continue to be a strong supporter of the Pueblo Springs Ranch devlopment and its proposed tech park as it should help attract companies that will create thousands of job opportunities for Puebloans. I think that is one area the city agrees as well because if you notice managing growth is seen in a negative light.

Last edited by Josseppie; 05-29-2010 at 10:22 AM..

Old 06-01-2010, 03:35 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyanks57 View Post
Quote from the article:

Bolded emphasis mine. Why the east side? Are you talking about east of I-25/Fountain river but near East High or down on the Mesa? Or do you mean in the rough parts of Pueblo? And if so, what did you expect?

If you were looking at no other issue than safety, the east side is not the place to be.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:29 PM

Talking Pueblo from the air

For the Sangre De Cristo Art Gala I bid and won a flight from the USAF pilot school at Pueblo Memorial Airport. Today was the day I took my flight and I was able to take many pictures of the Pueblo MSA.

I did find out a couple of interesting things about the airport:

1. Since the USAF opened the pilot school Pueblo Memorial airport is now among the top 50 busiest airports in the country.

2. Alligent Airlines is coming to Pueblo with 2 non stop flights. One to Las Vegas and I forgot the other one. The city will completely remodel the terminal for them.

I took so many pictures I decided to post them a few at a time. Here are the first 10.

CSU Pueblo

Colorado State Hospital

Parkview Medical Center

Old 07-29-2010, 03:36 PM

More pictures from my flight:

Old 07-29-2010, 04:59 PM

138 posts, read 339,771 times
Good pics there! Do you have the full album on flick or photobucket that we could look at? I'd like to try to find my house

Old 07-29-2010, 05:07 PM

Thank you!

Photobucket, same name as here. Altough its just pictures I took and most of them are of the urban area as I am more of a urbanist and love downtown Pueblo. All the ones I do have on photo bucket I will be posting on here in the next day.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:25 PM

More pictures from my flight:

Train yard and the 4th street bridge and part of the kayak course on the Arkansas River.

Dutch Clark Stadium.

The Colorado State Fair. The Little Britches Rodeo is on now. This is not the best picture but I thought I would post it anyway.

The Pueblo Reservoir.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:57 PM

A few more pictures of Pueblo.

This is one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in Pueblo. It is called "Liberty Point Estates" and over looks the Pueblo Reservoir in Pueblo West.

This is Saint Mary Crowin Regional Medical Center. I think this vantage point shows how big this medical campus is in Pueblo. That combined with Parkview Medical Center and The Colorado State Mental Health Institute shows how big a role health care plays in the economy of Pueblo.

This is Rocky Mountain Steel Company. It still is a major player in the economy of Pueblo as it employs 1,000 people plus suppliers.

This is the Comanche Power Plant located south of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado