Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2012, 06:29 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
It also explain why Pueblo has the highest obesity rates in the state as well....
I think its the type of food Puebloans eat, Mexican and Italian. Both are high in carbs and calories and as you might know Pueblo is known for having some of the best Italian and Mexican food in the state (we are a top 10 best food city in the nation) so we Puebloans eat it all the time. I work out every day and as such am not overweight but I will admit with all the good food here its hard and I am not as thin as I would like to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 06:44 PM

Talking The Best Places to Live With the Lowest Cost of Living

My friends told me about this so I looked it up. I think they mean city data, the site I am currently on, which is cool. I, also, liked the description of Pueblo.

Cities in Colorado vary greatly in their cost-of-living values, and Pueblo, Colorado, ranks as one of the lowest in the state. Pueblo is about a hundred miles south of Denver, and according to City Data, homes in Pueblo are cheaper, on average, than in the rest of the state and in the nation. According to that site, residents in Pueblo can enjoy a low state income-tax rate of 4.64 percent of federal taxable income. According to Boomerater, many consider Pueblo to be the economic hub of southeastern Colorado and northern New Mexico. Pueblo has emerged as a steel producer and a leader in technology. Additionally, according to City Data from December of 2009, McAllen receives an 83.1 out of 100 for its cost of living index.

Read more: The Best Places to Live With the Lowest Cost of Living | eHow.com

Old 01-16-2013, 01:07 PM

The Pueblo Chieftain is reporting that the Pueblo Economic Development Corporation will announce new jobs coming to Pueblo this week. It looks like two companies are moving here. One will hire 90 people and one will hire more. The second announcement will be at the main library Friday.

This is from the Chieftain:

Council did give final approval Monday night for Westwind Wood, a Kansas cabinetmaker, to open a 90-job factory at the Pueblo Airport Industrial Park. The agreement, brought to council by the Pueblo Economic Development Corp., calls for the city to spend $910,000 from its half-cent revenue fund to assist the new business in locating here. PEDCo officials are planning a larger announcement later this week.

The link: Council picks new leaders - Pueblo Chieftain: Politics

Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM

Talking Vestas plans to hire 100 in Pueblo

Some more good economic news for Pueblo. Maybe 2013 will be a good year after all.......

This is from the Northern Colorado Business Report:

Vestas has reached an agreement to supply wind towers to other companies over the next two years, creating 100 jobs in Pueblo by the end of March, the company said Wednesday. Vestas said it plans to ramp up operations at its Pueblo tower factory after signing an agreement to supply towers for "a number of non-Vestas wind power projects." Manufacturing based on the agreement could use as much as 25 percent of the factory's production capacity.

The link: Vestas plans to hire 100 in Pueblo | Today's News | Northern Colorado Business Report

Old 01-18-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
The Pueblo Chieftain is reporting that the Pueblo Economic Development Corporation will announce new jobs coming to Pueblo this week. It looks like two companies are moving here. One will hire 90 people and one will hire more. The second announcement will be at the main library Friday.

This is from the Chieftain:

Council did give final approval Monday night for Westwind Wood, a Kansas cabinetmaker, to open a 90-job factory at the Pueblo Airport Industrial Park. The agreement, brought to council by the Pueblo Economic Development Corp., calls for the city to spend $910,000 from its half-cent revenue fund to assist the new business in locating here. PEDCo officials are planning a larger announcement later this week.

The link: Council picks new leaders - Pueblo Chieftain: Politics
The announcement was for the same company. Not sure why they just did not that in the article.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:30 AM

2 posts, read 3,037 times
Red face Single Mom Looking to move to Colorado as well.

Hello I'm a younger generation single mom of two children ages 5 & 7.. I've actually been looking at Pueblo Colorado. How are the school systems, Places of employment, and The cost of living there?

Old 01-28-2013, 12:21 PM

The school system in the suburbs are the best but I went to the city schools and loved them. The cost of living is very low however I will say that right now the unemployment rate is high due to the latest recession.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,037 times
Hello Friends, I am looking to make a move to Colorado from my home in Illinois. I've been interested in Pueblo for awhile. How is the community there? Schools? Daycares? Employment opportunities??? I currently live in a small historical town and I've always always wanted to go out west. Any information you can provide me with is greatly greatly appreciated. I have 2 children ages 5 & 7 so anything you would like to include about pueblo and the surrounding areas is appreciated!!!

Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammakatt View Post
Hello Friends, I am looking to make a move to Colorado from my home in Illinois. I've been interested in Pueblo for awhile. How is the community there?
This is a broad question. I love the community as it supports the arts, has a good regional university, good restaurants and shopping. Its a decent size yet has a small town feel

Quote:
Schools?
I know the city schools have been struggling but I think more is being made out of it. My opinion is if your son or daughter puts a effort in their education they will do good here. I went to the city schools and ended up getting my MBA from a top 15 university in the nation. The University of San Diego.

Quote:
Daycares?
I don't have kids so I can't answer this.

Quote:
Employment opportunities???
Pueblo has been hit the hardest of any major city in the state with a unemployment rate over 10%.

Quote:
I currently live in a small historical town and I've always always wanted to go out west. Any information you can provide me with is greatly greatly appreciated. I have 2 children ages 5 & 7 so anything you would like to include about pueblo and the surrounding areas is appreciated!!!
I hope that helps. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 AM

Talking Tasty New Franchise Opportunity Brews In Pueblo, CO: Solar Roast Coffee

This came across my google alerts and I though it was cool so I decided to post it here.

A Pueblo company is going national. I hope they are successful because it would be nice to have another large national company located in Pueblo.

This is from PR Web:

The national franchise program for Solar Roast Coffee officially launched on January 9, 2013, when they unveiled their plans and unique solar-powered roasting opportunity to top franchise brokers around the country. The captivating story behind Solar Roast Coffee has now been rolled out to brokers and prospective franchisees throughout North America! Solar Roast Coffee has joined forces with Colorado Franchise Group to develop their franchise brand and broker the franchise.

The link: Tasty New Franchise Opportunity Brews In Pueblo, CO: Solar Roast Coffee = Smoother Coffee, Energy-Efficient Roasting And Successful Coffee Cafe Formula For Entrepreneurs Who Want A Business On The Upswing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado