U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 AM

20,326 posts, read 37,840,000 times

Advertisements

....welcome to City-Data. Hope you make it back to Denver area.

For more info on Arvada, go the main Forum page for Colorado and click on Search this Forum, enter search-term ARVADA, click on Show Posts, then hit enter. Up will pop ALL the info on Arvada which is already here, and there is bound to be some. This will save you a lot of time, and the regulars here won't have to key in the same set of answers again.

Also try the main city-data home page, go to Colorado, then select the city for population demographics and much data.

s/Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2006, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,219 times
Thanks Mike from back east. I will do that.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:10 PM

85 posts, read 436,982 times
Default Parker

hi there,

we just visited parker a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. We're in the San Fernando Valley of Southern California. Great open space, nice people and the price is right for a home. Small town feel too!

Good Luck

Old 11-05-2006, 09:15 PM

10,685 posts, read 28,526,404 times
There are some very nice places in Parker to call home. My favorite new home community is by Village Homes, it has a community center with an outdoor pool, lots of open space, trails...good schools.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:26 AM

3 posts, read 8,970 times
Wink have you thought of Brighton?

I lived in Thornton several years ago, and all of that area up north of Denver was starting to really grow. But Brighton was still in easy commuting distance, but small town feeling. You might check it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrotor View Post
Hi all, seems like a group of helpful locals around here. I need some advice.....

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-08-2006 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: No need to quote all of the original material

Old 11-11-2006, 10:41 PM

4 posts, read 9,277 times
Default drilling?

We are also moving from Long Island, and were all set to buy a house in Creekside - Erie. However, we just read about the 100 ft gas drill that went up near Erie Commons, and the home builder we were about to sign with may be going bankrupt! So is drillling in people's backyards just a common part of life in Colorado? Isn't anyone worried about the health effects?

Old 11-12-2006, 12:40 AM

220 posts, read 701,597 times
michele2714 -Just read about it for the first time myself... It appears the drilling will be done within 40 days. We'll be there next month to witness it first-hand. Not very excited about it, but a few weeks won't matter. Good luck to you!

Old 11-12-2006, 07:52 AM

4 posts, read 9,277 times
I think the wells will stay after the few weeks of drilling, but I was more worried about where they will drill next.....

Old 12-21-2006, 06:16 PM

18 posts, read 61,900 times
Default firestone

I havent been to FIrestone yet...though I arrived to Colorado before the storm, now I am sitting tight waiting to venture out...but the schools did not get as good of ratings as the others on great schools.net...just a note...

Another IMPORTANT NOTE: the friendly people. I am so impressed. I have had anumber of interactions with random people and I feel heart warming going on....One lady even stopped to ask if I was ok when I was lost in the blizzard...She told me how to get back to Denver...Thank You Colorado...

Old 12-23-2006, 04:51 PM

5 posts, read 33,166 times
Colorado is great. I live in Ft. Collins now,very safe and good schools. Loveland is also a good area. I have lived in Northern CO for many years now and the only area in northern co I would stay away from is Greeley and Evans. If you want to live in a small town, you could check out Windsor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or