U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 06:54 AM

68 posts, read 285,720 times

Advertisements

What are the towns in Summit County and which are you more likely to find a job in? How is commuting if you live lets say... 25 miles outside of town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 10:04 PM

447 posts, read 1,421,905 times
Keystone, Dillon/Silverthorne Frisco, Breckenridge, Copper.......All the towns are pretty much the same when it comes to jobs........Your best would be Dillon/Silverthorne, Breckenridge, or Frisco........Job's are very hard to come by up here because it is mostly second homes and touristy.......25 miles in winter forget it, where are you thinking???

Old 01-06-2009, 11:42 PM

29 posts, read 52,648 times
what if you are 10 to 15 miles out. would that be too bad?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:28 AM

It all depends on WHERE...... If you are on the east side of the tunnel that could be problematic. A more specific town/area would help.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:37 AM

719 posts, read 2,358,829 times
Summit County

Old 01-07-2009, 12:35 PM

Thanks so far. This is the most info out of any bulletin ive posted. I was initially looking into evergreen but Ive been wanting to move to breck for the past 2 years and then i met my girlfriend and things have changed. I still havent visited but it seems like such a friendly town to locals. Shes a hair dresser and is very good at it so I know that she shouldnt have too much of a problem finding a job. 10-15 miles isnt bad either by the way. I love the amount of snow you guys get and like I said, I love the town of breck. Havent researched other towns in summit though. For me, I'd want to get into law enforcement or fire department. I know it may take some time to get in so having a few jobs to bring in the cash wouldn't bother me if we moved there.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:39 PM

1,331 posts, read 4,531,090 times
Check out Dillon....that would be my first pick if I were you/her!!!

Old 01-08-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njstinks0622 View Post
Thanks so far. This is the most info out of any bulletin ive posted. I was initially looking into evergreen but Ive been wanting to move to breck for the past 2 years and then i met my girlfriend and things have changed. I still havent visited but it seems like such a friendly town to locals. Shes a hair dresser and is very good at it so I know that she shouldnt have too much of a problem finding a job. 10-15 miles isnt bad either by the way. I love the amount of snow you guys get and like I said, I love the town of breck. Havent researched other towns in summit though. For me, I'd want to get into law enforcement or fire department. I know it may take some time to get in so having a few jobs to bring in the cash wouldn't bother me if we moved there.
WOW.....I almost parallel your story completely..............I'm a hair stylist my partner is an EMT...........I moved to Evergeen in February and didn't like it, great town but just not far enough in the mountains for me, so I moved to Dillon.......It shouldn't be hard to find a job as a stylist, that's why I love what I do, but my partner had an extremely hard time finding a job in the emergency field. He had to work a couple of months for a hotel as a housekeeper to meet people at Keystone, then got a job with Keystone Emergency Services and LOVES IT.

-Good luck

Old 01-10-2009, 09:07 AM

122 posts, read 467,607 times
Well in Clear Creek County you'll get about 1/3rd more for your money, BUT, having to drive west through the tunnel can be a real drag!! In the winter you'll have non-stop ski traffic, and it's not uncommon to half stop & go all the way from Idaho Springs through the tunnel, even when the weather is nice. If the weather gets bad and they close the pass (there's that word again), they'll stop traffic at the tunnel every hour to let the hazardous trucks go through. Georgetown or Silver Plume might not be too bad, but you're probably better off staying west of the divide if working in Summit County.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottodog View Post
Well in Clear Creek County you'll get about 1/3rd more for your money, BUT, having to drive west through the tunnel can be a real drag!! In the winter you'll have non-stop ski traffic, and it's not uncommon to half stop & go all the way from Idaho Springs through the tunnel, even when the weather is nice. If the weather gets bad and they close the pass (there's that word again), they'll stop traffic at the tunnel every hour to let the hazardous trucks go through. Georgetown or Silver Plume might not be too bad, but you're probably better off staying west of the divide if working in Summit County.
What is west of the divide mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado