U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 10:49 PM

139 posts, read 266,470 times

Advertisements

Yes, COLORADO SPRINGS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 AM

2,755 posts, read 11,517,462 times
Weighing in on this one, Fort Collins is the nicer town, but Colorado Springs has the nicer setting in terms of beautiful views, mountain proximity, and climate both summer and winter. Neither has a lot of jobs right now.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:40 PM

20,312 posts, read 37,810,444 times
We've answered the questions the OP was asking. Time to close this thread.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:43 PM

102 posts, read 277,123 times
Default What are the differences between COS and Fort Collins?

Positives and negatives please... having a hard time figuring out if there's something in one city that would lead me to the other one or not. I do have a family and school-aged kids if that matters, and a husband who lives to fish and hunt with his dog

Old 03-29-2011, 08:55 AM

540 posts, read 1,105,451 times
When I visted Fort Collins, I found the area to be beautiful and loved the downtown atmosphere. It is very spread out and reminded me of some Florida towns. If I lived there, it would be away from the main part of town near the res. The people are very nice there. In COS, I found some of the people to be rude!

Old 03-29-2011, 07:19 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,142,968 times
I really don't think you could find two more opposite cities in CO. Maybe Boulder and the Springs.
Progressive versus Conservative
Smaller versus Larger
Focus on Downtown versus complete urban sprawl
College town versus Military town

I lived in both towns and hands down the Fort was better for me. I am socially liberal, and enjoyed the more compact nature of fort collins, as well as all the park and bike facilities, which are definitely not as good in the Springs.

The only pluses I could give the Springs the nod for would be cheap housing and more job opportunities.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 PM

152 posts, read 588,467 times
Alveeno, I am abit "older" too, Moved to Ft. Collins last Fall, and am not pleased ! College kids over-run the place! You can't go uptown and peacefully walk the streets and window shop due to all the noisy young people. Very busy and full of parked cars. On Fri. and Sat. nites you take your respectability in your own hands; we've seen girls and guys peeing and defecating in plain sight in front of the stores and cafe's. No one on the forum mentions this, but we read an article on the paper's front page a cpl mo ago referring to this problem and how the police were supposedly "on it." All the avenues are crowded and congested, whatta headache. You can't even find a parking place at Walmart. We're moving as soon as we can. If I had a lovely condo in Manitou I'd STAY. (We've lived in CO Springs, too.)

Old 06-26-2011, 06:26 PM

1,005 posts, read 2,472,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
CO is getting a bit 'over-run' as it was when I left 30 yrs ago.
Does anyone else find this a little bit hilarious?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:59 PM

1,822 posts, read 1,271,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
Does anyone else find this a little bit hilarious?
Yes. I'm curious as to what that's suppose to mean. Nothing is said or added to clarify the statement.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,496 times
African American Single mom late 20"s hitting 30 thinking of relocating to colorado which is better....boulder, fort collins or colorado springs? I ALSO HAVE A DAUGHTER WHO IS 9 BUT, WHEN I CONSIDER MOVING FROM SAN ANTONIO TX SHE WILL BE AROUND 10- 11

We want a great community with family values and community events.
We want great schools.
We want to be active like boating, fishing, hunting , camping and hiking:etc
Shopping without having to drive "to town".
We will be renting.
Im looking for friendly environment
great schools/uniform free
lots of kid activities and outdoor events
museums,bike trial, nice parks. LOW UNEMPLOYEMENT RATES, JOBS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM, LESS CRIME..CULTURAL DIVERSITY

WHICH CAN OFFER MORE?
CAN SOMEONE HELP WITH HONESTY PLEASE....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or