U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 06:43 PM

5,608 posts, read 20,718,689 times

Advertisements

One of the longest ski seasons, second only to A-Basin. One of the cheapest, the closest (to Denver), the least annoying, and the best ski areas in the state. Other places might have more of "this" or more of "that," but Loveland offers the most value. No frills, just skiing (and.... boarding, I guess), and lots of it!

Loveland Ski Area and drive back home:

Parking lot is right at the entrance to the lift. No shuttle busses.

Never any lift lines-- even at the bottom of the mountain!

Incredibly convenient:

Incredible views:

Awesome snow and bowl skiing above timberline. A lift that takes you to the top of the Continental Divide:

Great intermediate, advanced, and expert terrain:

Beginning of Loveland Pass:

Final descent back down to Denver. Here's where all the idiots burn out their brakes instead of lowering their gears.

My favorite sign:

Welcome to Denver, the doors are closing...

End of photo tour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 08:59 PM

14,555 posts, read 22,418,417 times
Nice pics! Used to get my truck and trailer worked on at 5R Trailers at the Colfax exit and it's right under I-70 and you always smell burning brakes there!

In your thread prior to this one, I wanted to answer the Sleeper question, but someone else jumped on it! Tell me you've seen that flick!

Look at the very end of
this trailer! The
Orgasmatron! Old skool buddy! That's a
big chicken!
Jewish Robot Tailors.

So Vegas, you didn't have an "incident" on the ski lift, did you?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:36 PM

5,608 posts, read 20,718,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
In your thread prior to this one, I wanted to answer the Sleeper question, but someone else jumped on it! Tell me you've seen that flick!

Look at the very end of
this trailer! The
Orgasmatron! Old skool buddy! That's a
big chicken!
Jewish Robot Tailors.
No, never seen that movie believe it or not. Must have been before my time. It looks hilarious!

Quote:
So Vegas, you didn't have an "incident" on the ski lift, did you?
Heh heh... I heard about that guy in Vail. I don't even know how you could do that to yourself if you tried!

Old 01-12-2009, 09:16 AM

20,905 posts, read 39,184,055 times
Great stuff. Hope you do more of these.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:13 AM

355 posts, read 1,286,373 times
loveland>>>>>>>>>>>>
on my way there right now.....day 27
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado