U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 3,913 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am new to the site, so I will try and answer any questions you may have.
Southpark is a beautiful place and is located close to the golf course. It also has a swimming pool. This is a community area. There are membership fees.
Eric Baker of South Park is the director and could help you with whatever you need to know. He does have a listed number, so you can call information.
Land must really be expensive in Parker, as I find the property around here to be expensive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 05:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,880 times
Default Very pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Let me just step off my balcony here and take a peak:

I am buying a small parcel in the community next to the Lake Beckwith. in Colorado City. Do you have any ideas how this area looks like. I need somebodys opinion since I live in Texas I can not come and see it at this time. Any info would be appreciated. How far is it from the mountains, we love hiking and other outdoor activities. Love the picture, very pretty. Thanks.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:48 PM

13,645 posts, read 21,499,229 times
Welcome to City-Data!

I have a couple of more recent photos of the Green Horn (Cuero Verde) Valley.
These were taken from The Greens at the golf course during my lunch break. Not too many golfers out this day.

My parents live over by Lake Beckwith.

Don't let the snow scare you too much. A late winter or early spring day can get up into the 60s when the sun is out and it gets into the 90s in the summer.

There's an area near Lake Beckwith called Knollwood or something like that.

The mountains are right there. You just head up 165 into Rye about 4 miles and from Rye park (about 7000 ft) you can find trailheads such as the Bartlett Trail or continue up 165 further into San Isabel where there's another small lake stocked with trout. From that area you've got other trailheads such as the Slides or St Charles trail. Then you can continue further up 165 to Bishop's Castle or further onto Ophir creek. There's a dirt road that'll take you near the top of Greenhorn Mountain (12,365 ft). 165 continues on and will take you to Beulah or you can continue around to the Westcliffe-Silvercliffe area.

If you like to golf, you've got it made. The 27-hole course in Colorado City is nice. Good schools in the area; Craver Middle School in Colorado City, Rye Elementary and Rye High School up in Rye.

Hope this helps a bit. DM me for a recommended real estate agent if you need one.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:03 PM

166 posts, read 381,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gphood View Post
There is high speed Internet and digital cable available via fiber optics to about 80% of the homes in the area. Best Internet service I have ever experienced!
i'm wondering if anyone living or working there can tell me how "fast" is fast in the rye/colorado city area, ie, a broadband speed test? also, is it fttp or fiber to the premises? thanks...

Last edited by multitrak; 03-02-2008 at 12:24 PM..

Old 04-18-2008, 02:57 PM

When a church organization sets out to built a church in a couple of days, they don't fool around; In Colorado City, they'll probably be done tonight.

Here's a shot from GH Park on my way back from lunch at Max's;

Snow on my deck (at work) from yesterday morning is all gone today;

Welcome to City-Data PTR!

Old 07-29-2015, 04:43 PM

57 posts, read 63,972 times
I would like to find our more about Colorado City, and this is an old thread, can someone give me some update info?

What is it like there?
Cost of homes? are they on the high end, do you need a truckload to buy a 3 bd 2 ba home?
Is there someone here on this forum from Colorado City that can give up to date info on area to live, how the people are, accepting of people from other states retiring?
We aren't job hunting, and our kids are adults, so don't need to worry about schools, don't go out much so crime won't be a problem. Not that we want someone to break into our home, but we're not the type to take off and be gone a lot and need to worry about someone breaking. We're homebodies, mainly stay at home except for going to get groceries and such.

I tried to do a search all I keep bringing up is Colorado Springs, and some out of date threads

Old 07-29-2015, 05:55 PM

2,771 posts, read 3,459,975 times
More pictures
Colorado City South Parkway PHOTO TOUR
Rye & Colorado City -- PHOTO TOUR

Colorado City, Rye, San Isabel Fall 2009 PHOTO TOUR
Colorado City, CO, -- PHOTO TOUR PART ONE

Longer than avg. thread Colorado City Inquiry

fyi, if you hear about "Old Colorado City", that is a different place, part of Colorado Springs basically.

Last edited by NW Crow; 07-29-2015 at 06:07 PM..

Old 07-29-2015, 11:06 PM

Colorado City is in Pueblo County about 20 miles south of Pueblo.

Colorado City is where I went to middle school and high school, where I worked for about 8 years, and where my parents lived until just recently. When my oldest brother died a few years ago, they moved near me in Pueblo West so they could better take care of him while he was dying of lung cancer, a common fate of many paranoid schizophrenics.

I still have friends and family who live in Colorado City/Rye/San Isabel.

I would say that CC is a bit more pricey than Pueblo for housing, but still not too shabby. It's in the Greenhorn Valley, sits at about 6000+ ft and about 7000 for Rye and San Isabel even higher.

It's a great place to retire and they have a killer golf course.

Many folks who founded Colorado City were from Chicago and elsewhere.

I've been out of the loop a bit and am tired, so I'll try to post more in upcoming days.

Hope this gets you started. DM me for a recommendation for a realtor in that area.

They have a decent grocery store there run by friends I went to High School with. Obie's is a great restaurant there if you like BBQ and live music.

There's a nice walking trail around Lake Beckwith, many trail heads for hiking from Rye to San Isabel and beyond.

Find my thread on Bishop's Castle.

Colorado City, Rye, San Isabel and even Beulah are all tied together and in close proximity and I'd say the combined population of the four is about 5k tops. It will not get much bigger than this.

You're just about an hour give or take twenty minutes to CoSprings and a decent airport. You're about 2.5 hours to Denver. You're about 2.5 hours to Lamar in eastern Colorado along the Ark Valley along the Arkansas River. You're about an hour from Cañon City. You're about 45 minutes to Westcliffe and Silvercliffe. You're about 25 minutes to Walsenburg and an hour from La Veta, Cuchara, etc...

Old 10-26-2015, 10:20 AM

14 posts, read 15,647 times
Thanks for all your helpful posts in this thread McGowdog!

I am interested in the area and appreciate your useful input.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:18 PM

Like I've said or tried to communicate before, Colorado City would be a good place to raise kids who are in k-12 and like a more rural scene, folks who are retired and perhaps like to golf, or folks who don't mind relying on the Pueblo community and being 20 miles away.

Don't expect the Colorado City/Rye/San Isabel area to get much bigger than about 5k any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado