U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-18-2011, 06:40 PM
 
Location: Back in COLORADO!!!
837 posts, read 1,168,413 times
Reputation: 1307

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2009 View Post
Pueblo sucks there are alot of bad things people dont know about
1. there is a high drug crime
2. bumbs on every corner
3. mexicans and not the nice ones the ones that try you pick up young woman omg there nasty
4. half of pueblo is full of crapy people
5. every one here lives off of foos stamps or there poping out kids left and right
so that they can live off the state.
6. I think half of my grad class of 2009 were either knocked up or had a kid
7. no one knows how to drive here at all
8. and u read every day about young teens dieing becuase of a shooting over drugs or
gang crap....
9. finding a job is hard really hard it took me almost a 1year just to get a interview
10.you take your kids to the park and its tagged up with gang sings and you have to
worry about what your kids might pick up at the park my son one time found a condom and
a razer blad at the park so we just dont go to the parks in pueblo its that bad..

pueblo in my eyes is not a good place to leave i grew up here and i hate it........
Uff da!

Pueblo really isn't a bad place. You hate it, (or think you do), because you're young and the world is a big place. Of all the places I've ever been, I like Pueblo the most. Granted, I might not have liked it as much when i was a young single guy, but it is a great place to raise a family. I hope to God I can get back before this humid hell hole I'm stuck in gets it's claws any deeper into me.....

Pueblo is the perfect size community. Big enough to have everything a guy needs, and dang near everything he might want. A person doesn't have to make CEO wages to get by comfortably, there is a strong sense of community and inclusiveness, and an easy slower pace to life in general.

Sure, Pueblo does have it's share of crime, but aside from property crime, if a guy isn't involved with drugs or gangs, he's not going to be much bothered by it personally.

The one thing I agree with you on is the lack of jobs. Finding a decent job is tough everywhere right now, but it is fookin' brutal in Pueblo. Other than that, I say go out and see the country. Join the military, see the world. But give it a few years and I'll bet you come to appreciate your home town.

It's a good place to live.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-18-2011, 07:02 PM
 
Location: The 719
8,242 posts, read 13,501,947 times
Reputation: 9656
Thx Green.

There are some bums on some street corners... but not everyone. I saw two bums on the same street corner in Vegas once. Guess what that means? That's right. Bum fight!

There is a bad vandalism problem... especially in Bessemer. There's a huge vandalism problem in Paris France too.

Don't know what to say about your "Mexican" comment. As far as teenage pregnancy, there's a thread for that here too. I don't have any daughters so... I dont trip on that one too hard.

Food stamp people, not my concern either.

I had a very hard time getting a job here in Pueblo. You want a good job here in Pueblo? Become a lawyer or an RN or something.

Or do like I did, move to Denver for 15 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Status: "CSU P football at the NCAA national championship!" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
10,364 posts, read 11,962,075 times
Reputation: 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenScoutII View Post
Uff da!

Pueblo really isn't a bad place. You hate it, (or think you do), because you're young and the world is a big place. Of all the places I've ever been, I like Pueblo the most. Granted, I might not have liked it as much when i was a young single guy, but it is a great place to raise a family. I hope to God I can get back before this humid hell hole I'm stuck in gets it's claws any deeper into me.....

Pueblo is the perfect size community. Big enough to have everything a guy needs, and dang near everything he might want. A person doesn't have to make CEO wages to get by comfortably, there is a strong sense of community and inclusiveness, and an easy slower pace to life in general.

Sure, Pueblo does have it's share of crime, but aside from property crime, if a guy isn't involved with drugs or gangs, he's not going to be much bothered by it personally.

The one thing I agree with you on is the lack of jobs. Finding a decent job is tough everywhere right now, but it is fookin' brutal in Pueblo. Other than that, I say go out and see the country. Join the military, see the world. But give it a few years and I'll bet you come to appreciate your home town.

It's a good place to live.....
Great post!

I will add that I think Pueblo needs to grow a tad bit so we can get the kind of jobs we need. However I am confident with the growing university you will see that happen by the 2020 census.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2011, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Good ole Pueblo a.k.a P-Town
28 posts, read 53,596 times
Reputation: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2009 View Post
Pueblo sucks there are alot of bad things people dont know about
1. there is a high drug crime
2. bumbs on every corner
3. mexicans and not the nice ones the ones that try you pick up young woman omg there nasty
4. half of pueblo is full of crapy people
5. every one here lives off of foos stamps or there poping out kids left and right
so that they can live off the state.
6. I think half of my grad class of 2009 were either knocked up or had a kid
7. no one knows how to drive here at all
8. and u read every day about young teens dieing becuase of a shooting over drugs or
gang crap....
9. finding a job is hard really hard it took me almost a 1year just to get a interview
10.you take your kids to the park and its tagged up with gang sings and you have to
worry about what your kids might pick up at the park my son one time found a condom and
a razer blad at the park so we just dont go to the parks in pueblo its that bad..

pueblo in my eyes is not a good place to leave i grew up here and i hate it........
Wow people are still on here bashing ole Pueblo? I know this may be a bad comment to make, but sorry, anyone who graduated highschool in the class of 2009, views about Pueblo, would hold little or no value to me, sorry just keeping it real, you know. I've been here since May 2011, and still have nothing bad to say about it. Love it.
1. High crime.........I haven't witnessed none in my short stay here so far
2. Bums on every corner....... Don't know where she hangs out, but not in my neighborhood
I could go on, but I think you all get the point.
Most opinions on here are based off personal experiences, or enviromental surroundings. Neither I think, I would have in common with the person who wrote this original post, therefore this persons opinions would hold very little value to me.

experience+truth+knowledge= reliable source for credible information
lack of age+little education= good reading for a laugh

P.S: I guess both have its place, and without it Pueblo wouldnt be the awesome town it is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2012, 03:19 PM
 
16 posts, read 17,067 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

You wouldn't get a yob at the local Wal*Marts with that kind of spelling... just sayin'. Did you go to Sowth High, or EEst?
McGowdog, this is hilarious! I think he went to Rizzlee and Eest. Probably destined for a top notch job at the local Taco Bells - "May I help yous??"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2012, 06:07 PM
 
Location: The 719
8,242 posts, read 13,501,947 times
Reputation: 9656
I know huh? Ain it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2012, 04:49 PM
 
6 posts, read 6,480 times
Reputation: 18
Default Pueblo West

HI Pueblo West is a nice area just west of Pueblo, with excellent schools and nice neighborhood out here. I live in Liberty Point where I do have a view of the Pueblo Lake, everyone out here has at least an acre or more, but very close to Pueblo about 5-8 minutes away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukita View Post
we are a young married couple with an eleven month old baby boy; currently living in Southern California and thinking of moving to Pueblo Colorado. We would highly appreciate your input. Looking for excellent schools and a nice neightborhood. Our price range is 200 - 300. Overall we want a better quality of life for our family. Can you recommend other areas???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2012, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Fremont, CA
1 posts, read 1,612 times
Reputation: 10
I'm from Northern California but I lived in Colorado for 5 years before moving back home to the Bay Area.

When moving to Colorado, I personally would recommend Colorado Springs, however Pueblo tends to have slightly warmer weather and less snow in winter and spirng. So might be good when coming from SoCal.

The Springs also has really affordable housing compared to that of California and you can get fairly nice large houses (usually 2-3 story 3500+ square feet) for the same for what you would pay for 1000 square foot house in the Los Angeles area or even a larger duet in the East Bay.

Colo Springs is also a larger city and has more options as far as housing, jobs, recreation, and what not. There's also less crime than Pueblo. Home of the US Air Force Academy, the US Olympic Training Center, Garden of the Gods, some offices of a few high tech companies, and you're also within an hour's drive of Denver. Despite it's high altitude and thinner air, it's also way cleaner than Denver. You're surrounded by Pike's Peak and the Rocky Mountains instead of hilly plains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Status: "CSU P football at the NCAA national championship!" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Pueblo - Colorado's Second City
10,364 posts, read 11,962,075 times
Reputation: 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeamojay View Post
I'm from Northern California but I lived in Colorado for 5 years before moving back home to the Bay Area.

When moving to Colorado, I personally would recommend Colorado Springs, however Pueblo tends to have slightly warmer weather and less snow in winter and spirng. So might be good when coming from SoCal.

The Springs also has really affordable housing compared to that of California and you can get fairly nice large houses (usually 2-3 story 3500+ square feet) for the same for what you would pay for 1000 square foot house in the Los Angeles area or even a larger duet in the East Bay.

Colo Springs is also a larger city and has more options as far as housing, jobs, recreation, and what not. There's also less crime than Pueblo. Home of the US Air Force Academy, the US Olympic Training Center, Garden of the Gods, some offices of a few high tech companies, and you're also within an hour's drive of Denver. Despite it's high altitude and thinner air, it's also way cleaner than Denver. You're surrounded by Pike's Peak and the Rocky Mountains instead of hilly plains.
In my opinion Pueblo is a much nicer city then Colorado Springs. Sure its smaller but we have all the major college sports, more cultural events, more fairs, with good shopping and nice restaurants and its a lot less expensive to live in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2012, 08:47 AM
 
6 posts, read 6,480 times
Reputation: 18
Default Pueblo is very nice...

.... and Co Springs is only 38 miles away! We do not have the jobs that CSprings or Denver have, though - so if that is an issue then move to Csprings or Denver. But as for crime, better quality of life, friendly folks, no traffic snarls, and people actually being from a place, Pueblo has a lot to offer. It's unique blend of cultures of many generations from here, set it apart from CSprings or Denver (where everyone is from somewhere else). If you are a green chile aficionado, Pueblo grows some of the very best green chile, right up there with Hatch, NM, IMO, in the world. It has a beautiful downtown riverwalk area (Arkansas river), Pueblo Lake, zoo, and many parks. I think you will find the history here unique and very interesting. Good luck in your search!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top