U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 AM

4 posts, read 7,953 times

Advertisements

What areas would you recommend in regards to the ATT Call Center in Pueblo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 AM

12,102 posts, read 20,344,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofsaul View Post
What areas would you recommend in regards to the ATT Call Center in Pueblo
I would live in downtown or the south side.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 AM

4 posts, read 7,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I would live in downtown or the south side.
Thanks.

Old 12-06-2013, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,908 times
Well i lived in Pueblo Colorado for 10 years and i loveeeeeeeeeeeee it so what all yall saying this about PC i think yall should cut it out sound foolish it might look old now but if you explore a little bit you will find out Pueblo Colorado is really Pretty so thank you leave my town alone. Also i was a child living there and i graduated from Denison Iowa Job Corps and got a job at a telemarketing making really good money and no children so all those people that is hating on Pueblo Colorado go get a life.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:57 PM

5,373 posts, read 7,657,321 times
When I think of Pueblo, I think of that one Food Wars episode about the Slopper. I want to go so badly, just for the food. lol

Old 12-07-2013, 08:28 AM

13,632 posts, read 21,489,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janiyah64 View Post
Well i lived in Pueblo Colorado for 10 years and i loveeeeeeeeeeeee it so what all yall saying this about PC i think yall should cut it out sound foolish it might look old now but if you explore a little bit you will find out Pueblo Colorado is really Pretty so thank you leave my town alone. Also i was a child living there and i graduated from Denison Iowa Job Corps and got a job at a telemarketing making really good money and no children so all those people that is hating on Pueblo Colorado go get a life.
Are you Joss's little sister?

Old 12-07-2013, 01:10 PM

12,102 posts, read 20,344,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
When I think of Pueblo, I think of that one Food Wars episode about the Slopper. I want to go so badly, just for the food. lol
I still have that show on my DVR. This is a clip of it for those who did not see it:

Old 12-08-2013, 12:32 PM

55 posts, read 68,635 times
BoooYah!
I am a slopper fanatic!
4 bushels of Pueblo Chile in the freezer and at least 1 reserved for this culinary masterpiece.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,193 times
Default Pueblo from another perspective...

this comes from a different perspective than what's been posted, but here goes! (i'd researched this forum before i got here and it didn't mention anything about sub-culture, so for the sake of prosperity!)

i'm from St. Louis, MO, but i've just moved here from Portland, OR (via New Orleans for the summer), mainly because a friend got a job here at the chemical facility. i am an old school, white, punk rock, homo who's been around the block a few times, has taken out all of his peircings, covers his tattoos for jobs and goes to bed at a decent hour......(feel free to insert any nasty, derogatory term you wish. i could care less.)

I have lived in the following towns and cities: StL MO, LR AR, NOLA, KC MO, Tampa FL, ABQ NM, Taos NM, Napa CA, SF CA, LA CA, Portland OR.....so, YAH...i've seen a variety.

i knew that by coming here, there would be limits to how much there is to do on a weekend and i am still quite content with Denver being a short drive away, but it's really dull here. i go to concerts regularly and it's nice to know i can see Elvis Costello or Skinny Puppy if i want to.

the native folks here are relatively nice...in a standoffish sort of way. (by native, i mean born & raised)
for some reason, the women work for their men here. kind of disgusts me to hear them talk about it.
everyone is on EBT and even though i have a job, i might HAVE to get on it, 'cuz it's not enough. (still haven't decided whether or not i am staying.)

coming from New Orleans, where there's so much activity, all the time, i welcome the change of pace and apparently, i am part of the 1st wave of people moving here (obviously for the reform laws).
most of the people i've met are from all over, have traveled all over (like myself) and have chosen Pueblo because of the early 90s prices. (like myself, but i'm considering a move to Colorado Springs, even though i hear the fundamentalists are rather dangerous up there.)
I didn't move here to grow pot or sell pot. i smoke it sure, but that wasn't MY motivation for coming here. i've heard nothing but bad things about Colorado. over all my years of traveling, i've actively avoided this state other than Rainbow Gatherings. there are people who've come here to do JUST that and it seems there are alot of them.

Jobs are slim pickens, 'specially for bartenders, but they're out there. you will have to lower your standards somewhat, but if you've got all of your teeth, you're likely to get the job over the other candidates. (it's obvious at the local Wal-Mart in any part of this city that there is a meth problem here.)
it's gay friendly, but there aren't many gay people out and about here. you'll see twinkies EVERYWHERE, but they go to the college and are likely from somewhere else. the only gay bar used to be a store front, and frankly, STILL looks like a store front. white men who are either in the military or work at one of the plants hate us here, so be careful around them. these types of rednecks are probably the reason why there's a slight flavor of white hate going on in the undercurrent. just getting to know my co-workers has been a bit of an issue, but it's not for being gay. (which is usually the case in the south, even in NOLA!) once they heard i was a Democrat, i was in. white transplants are the main reason this state has become RED.

there is NO bar that brings good bands here. NONE, NADA, ZILCH. if i wasn't getting older, i'd be completely bored. the Reverend Horton Heat doesn't even come here and he goes everywhere!
i see random hippies hitchhiking through, but for the most part, people here are fairly square, green, but square. not very educated either. aside from Pueblo natives, most people here are from somewhere else, work at the plants or in the military and aside from what they went to vocational school for, they don't seem all that educated or cultured either!

i heard Depeche Mode on a jukebox at the Downtown Bar and when i asked the guy next to me if he played it he says:
"i dunno what that is. i didn't play that. sounds like some big city **** to me!" ------NO ****! (and YES, there are tumbleweeds in the streets downtown.)

there's also a fair amount of Pueblo hatred coming from the other major cities of this state. people who aren't from here or live here, enjoy coming here to publicly diss on it. i've been here for about 3 1/2 months now and every time i've gone out, i've run into these people. why they came all the way down here, i'm not sure, but they like to talk rather loudly about how much Pueblo sucks and how stupid the people are. even when we've gone to Denver for shows and Colorado Springs just to see, had we not just came from NOLA, people would've just shrugged us off right after we said 'Pueblo'. (kind of how West Coasters think about everyone east past Colorado!)

*might just have to take the A train back to NOLA! jus'sayin', but you can't beat the prices AND being able to smoke pot DOES ease it somewhat. there is a sort of freedom here, even though they love their guns more than i'd like them to, it just keeps me out of movie theaters, ya dig?

so, for those of you out there considering moving here, just know that every band in the world goes to Denver, there's a ton of people moving here (of all types), the Shining hotel is relatively close and you can still rent a 3 bedroom house for $600. (i'd stay North of Downtown or Downtown itself. Pueblo West..well, there's just nothing there but Wal-Mart and pot stores. Southside is cheaper, but dirtier and kinda scary!)

Old 01-15-2015, 12:21 AM

21 posts, read 33,816 times
Can someone circle on the map here which areas are relatively safe and which are not. Moving to Pueblo around Jan 30.
Attached Thumbnails
What do you think about Pueblo Colorado?-pueblo.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado