Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 10:18 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000KnightRider View Post
Can someone circle on the map here which areas are relatively safe and which are not. Moving to Pueblo around Jan 30.
Not sure how to write on the map so I will tell you what areas to avoid.

The area around E 4th

the area around Northern east of Prairie to the east of the interstate.

The area around west 18th street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 07:20 AM

21 posts, read 42,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Not sure how to write on the map so I will tell you what areas to avoid.

The area around E 4th

the area around Northern east of Prairie to the east of the interstate.

The area around west 18th street.
I circled the areas on the map you mentioned. I take it that the area around Jerry Murphy and University Blvd is considered the Belmont area. Is that area relativly safe? I'm looking at apartments around there and also apartments/townhouses in Pueblo West near Hwy 50.
Attached Thumbnails
What do you think about Pueblo Colorado?-pueblo.jpg  

Old 01-17-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000KnightRider View Post
I circled the areas on the map you mentioned. I take it that the area around Jerry Murphy and University Blvd is considered the Belmont area. Is that area relativly safe? I'm looking at apartments around there and also apartments/townhouses in Pueblo West near Hwy 50.
I am going to save that map and use it when people ask

I would say that area is safe.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,133 times
thank you fam that was good info for us we're looking to relocate there.

Old 07-07-2015, 09:44 PM

6,822 posts, read 10,510,104 times
Can a Pueblan explain to me what Fearnowville is? I see it on my road atlas and it looks like Fear Now Ville which sounds like a possibly interesting story....

Old 10-27-2015, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,849 times
I will be eligible to retire early next summer, and my wife and I are looking seriously at Pueblo as an option. We are both from the Southwest (she from Southern CA and me from TX), so we would be comfortable in the Pueblo climate and ethnic makeup. I'm impressed with the city's cultural and educational offerings cost of living and location. We will of course make at least one trip to the city before making a decision, as I haven't been in some 40 years.

I am planning to work part-time (I'm a chef, former restaurant owner and former journalist) while my wife (who is 14 years younger) would work full-time. My question is about the job market. What's it like? Thanks.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:27 PM

The job market is tough here but it seems to be improving in the past year and a large part of that is due to the weed/hemp industry.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:29 PM

302 posts, read 863,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepish View Post
this comes from a different perspective than what's been posted, but here goes! (i'd researched this forum before i got here and it didn't mention anything about sub-culture, so for the sake of prosperity!)

for some reason, the women work fortheir men here. kind of disgusts me to hear them talk about it.

Interesting observation. I lived in Pueblo for five years, and during that time my husband was not interested in getting a job (it irritated me to be the only one working). We’ve moved to Austin Texas and he’s now actively looking for employment. I wonder if something about the Pueblo area/culture sucks the motivation out of men LOL

(it's obvious at the local Wal-Mart inany part of this city that there is a meth problem here.)

I don’t know about at the Walmart, but there are anti-meth campaign signs around the Pueblo city limits, which leads me to believe there is a drug issue locally.

it's gay friendly, but there aren'tmany gay people out and about here. you'll see twinkies EVERYWHERE, but they goto the college and are likely from somewhere else. the only gay bar used to bea store front, and frankly, STILL looks like a store front.

If you want a gay bar I think there’s Pirate’s Cove (rainbow decorated) located downtown by the Marriott right adjacent to Bingo Burger.

there is NO bar that brings good bandshere. NONE, NADA, ZILCH.

I think Phil’s Radiator brought some good bands and grunge rock culture in. Last time I heard it was under new ownership so you might want to check that out: https://www.facebook.com/philsradiator/

My overall impression—house/apartment hunt for a reasonable place in Pueblo West. It’s beautiful (mountain view), not ghetto, a short drive from central Pueblo, safer, better schools, etc. Plus that back road by Purcell is a straight shot to Colorado Springs if you’re looking to commute/work.

Last edited by Screw Sacramento; 11-02-2015 at 01:42 PM..

Old 11-02-2015, 01:32 PM

302 posts, read 863,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigJustCraig View Post
I will be eligible to retire early next summer, and my wife and I are looking seriously at Pueblo as an option. We are both from the Southwest (she from Southern CA and me from TX), so we would be comfortable in the Pueblo climate and ethnic makeup. I'm impressed with the city's cultural and educational offerings cost of living and location. We will of course make at least one trip to the city before making a decision, as I haven't been in some 40 years.

I am planning to work part-time (I'm a chef, former restaurant owner and former journalist) while my wife (who is 14 years younger) would work full-time. My question is about the job market. What's it like? Thanks.
Job market in Pueblo seemed kind of tough. I think the unemployment was one of the higher ones in the state at several percentage points above Colorado Springs and Denver. If you don't have a job lined up here, the only thing I could suggest would be to live in central/north Pueblo or Pueblo West and commute up to Colorado Springs, where the job market is better. It's about a 45 minute commute up I-25, but it's doable. Then again, if you land the job in the Springs you might just want to rent a place in the Springs. Cost of living seems to be comparable to the good places in Pueblo.

Old 11-02-2015, 03:16 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
If you're in a provider role in your family and you don't have a job, you're a bum.

It's ok to be a bum for a very short while, a month or two. Or, your spouse should dump you.

Deliver pizzas if you have to.

I did.

Meth is not the problem in Pueblo. Heroin is.

Agree with Pueblo West. Also the Mesa and Rye and Colorado City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado