Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 05:24 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Thanks for checkin' in on us down here.

Any "old timers" ever hear of a guy named Eddie Higgins? He had no arms, but could do what any of us with arms could do, pretty much. He even won a national penmenship award, using his toes and feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 AM

38 posts, read 98,152 times
Thumbs up What is the religious feel in Pueblo?

How open are the people of Pueblo, CO to the wonderful message of hope through Jesus Christ our Lord. My wife & I really value the families role in the community. We love people and desire to see them succeed in life, business, marriage, child rearing, and most important their walk with the Lord. We will be a church about people. What are the 5 main needs of the people in Pueblo, CO? What would you look for in a church? What do you expect to get out of church? What are your expectations of church? These are genuine questions I am asking. I belive that Jesus meets us where we are at and he grabs us by our hands and takes us where we need to be. People do not care what you know until they know that you care. I pray for the city of Pueblo everyday and for the people of pueblo. Thanks to everyone who offers comments. Get the word out that their is a new church coming soon to Pueblo. Pueblo family church- Teaching that builds faith, strengthens families, & empowers for service. This is the mission of Pueblo Family Church. God bless you all and have a wonderful day. Please continue to pray for us as we make the needed prep for our move. If you have any questions you can view us on the web www.pueblofamilychurch.org. Go to the contact us link and click on our info e-mail address. Any comment or suggestion is appriciated.

Thanks
soon to be
Pastor Bill

Old 08-14-2008, 08:15 AM

I know that Pueblo is well represented, maybe slighty leaning towards catholicism.

I do know one thing about these forums; most of the people who post here aren't interested. But that should not be considered the actual representation of a town. For example, there's a thread in the Colorado Springs forum about Christianity and I'm not even going there. Colorado Springs is well represented by Christianity, but not on these boards.

I hope you can come up and visit our town here and find out more of what you need to know.

My favorite church in the whole state is in the small town of Lamar Colorado. Pueblo will benefit from you being here, this I know for sure.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:37 AM

87 posts, read 458,586 times
I am an atheist. I find there's an awful lot of holy rollers out here, I think you'll probably get a warm welcome. Just don't send me any unwanted mail asking me to join your church like the rest of em do And please stop spamming about your church, it's getting annoying

Old 08-14-2008, 11:52 AM

See what I mean. I get those same flyers in my mail too. I have since 2000. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and went and talked to the Pastor and told him of my current non-denominational religious leanings.

He didn't sound to fond of my "brand" of spirituality so we simply parted ways.

If the guy's spamming here, then you're right that it's a no-no. But can we afford him the grace of a newbie with 3 or less posts? I tried to politely warn him that the boards are not a good place for this with;

Quote:
I do know one thing about these forums; most of the people who post here aren't interested. But that should not be considered the actual representation of a town. For example, there's a thread in the Colorado Springs forum about Christianity and I'm not even going there. Colorado Springs is well represented by Christianity, but not on these boards.

I hope you can come up and visit our town here and find out more of what you need to know.
Feel free to DM me on the subject though. I'd recommend you to the Religion/Philosophy/Christianity thread, but it's crazy over there. Good Luck. They call it xtians now.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:37 PM

Thanks for your insight. I am not trying to spam anyone and I am sorry if I have come off that way. I have a genuine interest in helping people who are hurting and also people who are know as seekers. I don't beat people over the head with the bible and I don't brow beat people either. I really have a genuine concern for people. Thanks again for your insight. What other ways do you think I can use to let people know about our new church? Instead of useing post cards, fliers & things like that, what do you think we should do to get the word out?

Old 08-17-2008, 10:49 AM

87 posts, read 458,586 times
Well, you've got your website already. Put an ad in the Chieftain perhaps, try craigslist.org too. Host a grand opening event/party, an open house type of thing where people can check your church out and meet you.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:36 PM

I have planned on doing the things you have mentioned when we arrive to Pueblo in June 2009. Thanks for your input. Is there anymore info on the community you can give me?

Old 08-18-2008, 06:55 AM

21 posts, read 94,138 times
Hmmmm, My Left Foot! Great movie....

Old 08-18-2008, 07:06 AM

21 posts, read 94,138 times
PasterBill, I'm going to be in Pueblo tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts for you regarding the city. I'm not religous so I can't help on that part but will be happy to give you my impressions of the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado