Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 11:01 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times

Advertisements

Yeah, that's what I meant. You say it so much better than I..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 11:15 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
I'm sorry if that was personal. It was the content of the post that's a sore spot for the Ark Valley.

People are moving out of the farms and returning them to Natural Grasslands so they can move out to Colorado Springs where they can have a beautiful home with Kentucky Bluegrass and lots of trees.

Pueblo is very economical and robust. That's all I'm saying.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:49 AM

15 posts, read 70,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
As McGowdog pointed out, city police don't come under the Sheriff, they answer to the Chief of Police who answers to the Mayor. A Sheriff often has influence beyond the actual parameters of his office, but that's a case by case thing. I don't know Pueblo politics. If police are guilty of proveable wrongdoing and the city takes no action then the Federal Marshall is the next step. Unless you feel that you are in actual physical danger it's not usually worth getting into a contest of wills with local police. They have ways of making life difficult for you once you are on their list.
Well I am sorry I didn't know all that, its not like I have been involved with the police like this! And yeah I think people should speak up, don't you? I watch the new are read the paper, not trying to be mean but until injustice is done to you, you really don't no how much it effects your life. As for me this has been 2 years ago and I still have night mares, my heath has went down hill, my grand kids didn't need to see the that. To tell you the truth I don't feel safe no more because of what happened. But I am not going to be the first to stand up in the town and say anything. I don't have long to live and I am not going to live it in Jail. But I no something will give and that is when who ever is going to have to take a long hard look at pueblo police department! Police are people like you and I and they miss lead there power with the badge and they will get caught by somebody stronger then me are there family, r video taped......That is always the way it happens, and then they act really shocked that was in OUR police department hmmmm and I do no a few police officer now and even if they will not speak up they no of Pueblo police department. And about the Sheriff he can do something about it he has the power to get things done! More power then I do!!!

Last edited by peppermint~patty; 04-05-2008 at 12:01 PM..

Old 04-06-2008, 08:28 PM

4 posts, read 18,328 times
Yes to the segregation question. I was born and raised there and this was one of the more irritating aspects of the community. Funny, it always seemed that the Hispanic population was more ambivalent in regards to race. But, it is pretty easy imo to ignore the stupid people that make race an issue. Really, it is.

There are some lovely areas there. I am partial to the neighborhoods that surround the two large parks, Mineral Park and City Park. They have some wonderful Victorian homes. North Ridge is not a bad community and they have some newer homes there. If you are not opposed to a slight commute, critters (skunks and snakes), and open prairie, head out to Pueblo West. They have *fantastic* schools there!

Old 04-06-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
If you all get a chance, check out the awesome Mexican food in Pueblo. Soon to come, Awesom Italian food post.

I miss the Mexican food of P-town. I live in PA now and the closest you can get to authentic Pueblo green chili *drool* is not nearly close enough.

Speaking of Mexican Food in Pueblo, I heard that Don Carlos is no more. Wow. Why?

Old 04-07-2008, 11:50 AM

That's the place by the Fair Grounds, right?

If so, then I'd heard the place closed down and/or changed hands.

We have friends who insisted on going there whenever we went to the Fair with them and they did have a pretty good buffet.

There's so many good joints scattered about Pueblo that I didn't think about them much. If I was in that area, I'd head SW on Northern to Paganos (3416 W.) and try something with their fresh homeade pasta. (about two blocks away from what was Don Carlos. Just south on Prarie is one of these places that I've heard about but haven't tried yet.

I had the best Italian food that I've had in my life outside of NY City just this last Saturday. Giodonne's on the Mesa just past Frank's Meats. I had the Chicken Picatta with an Alfredo sauce and it made all the other alfredo sauces that I've had taste like shoe leather. This food was so awesome it'd make you slap your grandmother. I'm telling you what.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
That's the place by the Fair Grounds, right?

If so, then I'd heard the place closed down and/or changed hands.

We have friends who insisted on going there whenever we went to the Fair with them and they did have a pretty good buffet.

There's so many good joints scattered about Pueblo that I didn't think about them much. If I was in that area, I'd head SW on Northern to Paganos (3416 W.) and try something with their fresh homeade pasta. (about two blocks away from what was Don Carlos. Just south on Prarie is one of these places that I've heard about but haven't tried yet.

I had the best Italian food that I've had in my life outside of NY City just this last Saturday. Giodonne's on the Mesa just past Frank's Meats. I had the Chicken Picatta with an Alfredo sauce and it made all the other alfredo sauces that I've had taste like shoe leather. This food was so awesome it'd make you slap your grandmother. I'm telling you what.

I am suddenly very homesick.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:10 PM

Default Pueblo Reservoir is full

Look at these pics of Lake Pueblo and see if you can understand just how full it is now;

The second pic is from the northeast corner of the res and you can see the water right up to the spillway on the dam. Water is rushing out of at least two of the gates into the Arkansas below it and the runoff coming down pretty good now, but nothing like it will be as it gets hotter.

It looks like we're gonna have too much water for the short term. I've never seen the res this high and I don't see how it could get any higher. I hope that John Martin fills up too, but not too fast and too soon.

I'd like to see the reservoirs by Eads fill up a bit too.

There's still snow in the Wet Mountains from about 8700 ft and above;

This is water comin down right at the Ophir Creek/165 turnoff;

See if you can see that wild turkey up there. A flock of them had just flew by me and into the brush above that pic;

Fish tremble when they hear my name.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-08-2008 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 04-12-2008, 08:10 AM

21 posts, read 61,469 times
Thank you McGowdog for the pics. I can't wait to get to Pueblo. Just a few more months. I am petitioning that your double secret probation be revoked. Keep the pictures comings.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
I lived in the Colorado Springs and Denver area for 40 plus years before moving to the Grand Junction area. But if I had to move to the front range I'd pick the Pueblo area. Real estate is more affordable, people are more down to earth. I'm at the point of my life where all I want from here on out is a good night's sleep and not be ****ed with. Believe it or not, up until the mid sixties Pueblo was the second biggest city in the state. And this area was in trouble, big trouble, when C, F, and I shut down. But they made it back. They did what blue collar workers do; roll up their sleeves and go to work. And they brought the area back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado